• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

very tiny babies..

Very cute bunnies :love: Are you going to try to bond them to Orion before they get hormonal ?

Very cute bunnies :love: Are you going to try to bond them to Orion before they get hormonal ?

I'm not entirely too sure yet to be honest with you! thus far they've been kept apart (although they know one another exist) to let them settle and also to avoid any illnesses. but they seem healthy so I've relaxed on being so strict (like washing my hands etc between touching them to Orion). they go to get a health check + vaccinations tomorrow, & then we were possibly thinking about letting them meet over the weekend in the bathroom (not in the bath, but the bathroom is neutral).

Orion did visit them tonight via pure accident, he was quite aggressive but he does also view the living room as his despite being banned from it for the past few days :lol: that being said I blocked his attempts to bite the babies. Cosmo & Juno were very loving curious and friendly. after he was jailed back to the dining room and was given a treat as I wanted to try and make it positive from the impromptu visit

I'm partially inclined to try before they get hormonal as Orion is quite depressed, and since bringing them home, he's been worse. his appetite and activity levels are lower. I do still spend time with him for many hours a day but its not the same. previously he had access to the whole downstairs, and my PC is in the living room, his pen in the dining room. we would "spend time" by him being in the same space as me, from the moment I woke up until I went to bed. now that isn't possible as baby pen is in the living room and he's in the dining room.

unfortunately because I need to double pen the babies right now, so I can't let Orion in the living room if I tried. my PC wires are exposed and he can try to bite the babies. my intention was to use either pen to protect my PC wires and also block of the babies from him being in biting range.

but well - I can't do that :lol: babies pen was the tall black pen, but Cosmo is tiny enough to squeeze through the gaps. so we switched to the silver pen (quite handy we had it or we would have been screwed :lol:), but then Juno could jump it (nearly, anyway). so I have the black & silver pen together as of the moment. ofc once Cosmo gets bigger I can remove the silver pen but, for now it has to stay.

it sounds silly but I'm just worried Orion could really hurt them - I could probably fit four of Cosmo into him tbh. they're diddy!

I'll see how things go over the weekend. I do feel sorry for Orion, and although I dedicate hours to him every day, its just not the same as previous & I can tell he's very very unhappy.

I'm not entirely too sure yet to be honest with you! thus far they've been kept apart (although they know one another exist) to let them settle and also to avoid any illnesses. but they seem healthy so I've relaxed on being so strict (like washing my hands etc between touching them to Orion). they go to get a health check + vaccinations tomorrow, & then we were possibly thinking about letting them meet over the weekend in the bathroom (not in the bath, but the bathroom is neutral).

Orion did visit them tonight via pure accident, he was quite aggressive but he does also view the living room as his despite being banned from it for the past few days :lol: that being said I blocked his attempts to bite the babies. Cosmo & Juno were very loving curious and friendly. after he was jailed back to the dining room and was given a treat as I wanted to try and make it positive from the impromptu visit

I'm partially inclined to try before they get hormonal as Orion is quite depressed, and since bringing them home, he's been worse. his appetite and activity levels are lower. I do still spend time with him for many hours a day but its not the same. previously he had access to the whole downstairs, and my PC is in the living room, his pen in the dining room. we would "spend time" by him being in the same space as me, from the moment I woke up until I went to bed. now that isn't possible as baby pen is in the living room and he's in the dining room.

unfortunately because I need to double pen the babies right now, so I can't let Orion in the living room if I tried. my PC wires are exposed and he can try to bite the babies. my intention was to use either pen to protect my PC wires and also block of the babies from him being in biting range.

but well - I can't do that :lol: babies pen was the tall black pen, but Cosmo is tiny enough to squeeze through the gaps. so we switched to the silver pen (quite handy we had it or we would have been screwed :lol:), but then Juno could jump it (nearly, anyway). so I have the black & silver pen together as of the moment. ofc once Cosmo gets bigger I can remove the silver pen but, for now it has to stay.

it sounds silly but I'm just worried Orion could really hurt them - I could probably fit four of Cosmo into him tbh. they're diddy!

I'll see how things go over the weekend. I do feel sorry for Orion, and although I dedicate hours to him every day, its just not the same as previous & I can tell he's very very unhappy.

I bonded Tui to Tethra when she was around 12 weeks old and it went very well with no aggression. They stayed together after that and she was spayed at around 5 months old.

yes, my friend did say it should be easier as they're so little. I'll have to see how nice Orion will play, I have a feeling he's going to be a nightmare! :lol:

babies vaccinated! everybody is healthy. Cosmo weighs 0.49kg and Juno weighs 0.71kg. they're both resting after their ordeal, and I'm watching like a hawk as I'm worried about them having a reaction :lol:

they got a tinnnny slither of dried carrot as an apology

babies vaccinated! everybody is healthy. Cosmo weighs 0.49kg and Juno weighs 0.71kg. they're both resting after their ordeal, and I'm watching like a hawk as I'm worried about them having a reaction :lol:

OMG so diddy :love:

babies vaccinated! everybody is healthy. Cosmo weighs 0.49kg and Juno weighs 0.71kg. they're both resting after their ordeal, and I'm watching like a hawk as I'm worried about them having a reaction [emoji38]

Christ they're miniature [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

OMG so diddy :love:

Christ they're miniature [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

yeah! they weigh next to nothing. I always feel like I'm gonna accidentally crush Cosmo tbh she's so small. my scale kept bouncing between 0.47-0.49, but I think she kept sticking her ass off the edge because she wanted to explore the table :lol: they're SO baby, I mean when I picked them up they were just 8 weeks, the store had only had them for a couple of days. I didn't expect them to be that small.

Juno's grown a lot, she was a smidge bitter than Cosmo to begin with but now she's def a lot noticeably larger

I just did their insurance, goddd is it a faff. I can't just add them to my account, nope, I have to take out a policy, then email pet plan with the policy details for them to add it to my account :roll: I mean its not that big of a deal but idk, feels like it should be so much easier to add 2 new pets to my account tbh

we've had an introduction session today. I'm really shocked.

to begin with he was VERY aggressive, taking any chance to try and attack them. Cosmo & Juno both being friendly and curious despite him being a bunny filled with rage. Cosmo & Juno remained in their pen together, him on the outside.

I was about to call it quits until he took a piece of hay from their pen .. and began eating. so we offered both sides some hay next to one another and they tucked in. since then its been nothing but positive. they both tucked in together, and Orion even pushed his nose through and they just sniffed. no biting, no grunts. just sniffing.

he since then flopped next to them, and has been choosing to stay in the room with us (before he kept running off after attacking them).

its a little too late to work things out now to possibly consider moving onto the next step (allowing them access to a room, no barriers). but I'm so shocked tbh. he was so aggressive but suddenly he just switched to being polite. I think its the hay but even without eating, he's going up to them, no biting, just sniffing. he even began biting their pen as if he wants to get to them? :?

IL134Pil.jpg

we've had an introduction session today. I'm really shocked.

to begin with he was VERY aggressive, taking any chance to try and attack them. Cosmo & Juno both being friendly and curious despite him being a bunny filled with rage. Cosmo & Juno remained in their pen together, him on the outside.

I was about to call it quits until he took a piece of hay from their pen .. and began eating. so we offered both sides some hay next to one another and they tucked in. since then its been nothing but positive. they both tucked in together, and Orion even pushed his nose through and they just sniffed. no biting, no grunts. just sniffing.

he since then flopped next to them, and has been choosing to stay in the room with us (before he kept running off after attacking them).

its a little too late to work things out now to possibly consider moving onto the next step (allowing them access to a room, no barriers). but I'm so shocked tbh. he was so aggressive but suddenly he just switched to being polite. I think its the hay but even without eating, he's going up to them, no biting, just sniffing. he even began biting their pen as if he wants to get to them? :?

IL134Pil.jpg

this must be eally reassuring for you . Good boy Orion

this must be eally reassuring for you . Good boy Orion

it certainly is :love:

interestingly enough, I think Orion is fearful. looking back to register his behaviour, although he was running up and attacking them, he also seemed quite stressed (heavy breathing). a lot of his behaviour felt defensive vs aggressive, including stomping (however he does use stomping to inform us if we've "upset" him aka NO you can't chew the door frame :lol: ). idk, we'll see how it goes tomorrow in the bathroom, but he certainly seemed freaked out rather than pure aggressive.

I did say he seemed full of rage and in the moment when he was charging, biting and grunting it did look that way. but he seemed to charge if they moved, and he got particularly stressed when Cosmo started zooming around the pen. so I think he's just scared, perhaps? which is interesting. esp considering Cosmo is like the size of his back foot tbh :lol:

Back