Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Jasmine's gunky eye UD Retrobulbar abscess removal

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    I've called our regular vets and she was given an ANTIROBE 75MG CAPSULE opened up into the wound during the op I'm.so upset, when IM first mentioned about the bead I questioned it and was told it wasn't, but it's on her history and the receptionist confirmed. The receptionist said oh we wouldn't have used it if it's toxic, I've asked for a call back from the vet but they're not in till tomorrow.

I called the vets who's care she's in now and straight away they were shocked she'd had this and the vet there is going to give me a call back in regards to adding anything extra to her treatment now that we know it's ANTIROBE.

I understand mistakes happen but this really should've been checked by the original vet, I'm not sure what to do here but of course I'll be moving vets
    Bloody hell

Do mention Cholestyramine ( Questran) to the Vet

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1548840/

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

UK Med Freedom Alliance https://www.ukmedfreedom.org/

Wise Old Thumper

I'm so sorry to see this update, Liz. Lots more vibes for Jasmine.

Thank you everyone. The vets are going to source that drug to help block the toxins so thank you! She's still bright, but passing brown water.

I've sent an email to her regular (although I'm afraid now has to be previous) vet as I didn't get anywhere with reception getting them to take notice how serious giving her Antirobe was. I've simply linked the NOAH compendium, MSD animal health manual and the actual Antirobe leaflet which all state it must not be given to rabbits and has a high chance of causing antibiotic enterotoxemia and asking for the vet to give me a call as Jasmine is very poorly. I appreciate how hard vets work but Jasmine is going through this all because of a poor choice of drug, I simply can't understand why it was given so need to have a conversation about this.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Iím so so sorry you and Jasmine are going through all of this. Itís not fair or right topping up the vibes and hugs xx

I'm so sorry, what a terrible mistake! Poor Jasmine
    Questran really helped one of my friends rabbit with enterotoxemia, hope it will help Jasmine. It's good she is under veterinary supervision and get all the fluids, meds and nutrition she needs!