Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Jasmine's gunky eye UD Final update 12/10

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    Thank you Licking the floor is new, I wonder if he was missing grooming Jasmine but then he's never been one to groom..
    Ah, it's probably not that he's missing grooming her, then, if he never did that... But maybe it's still a sign of missing her? Bunnies can do things like that sometimes out of stress or boredom or if other things are bothering them. It's a big change for him, being on his own.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Jake is adorable

A final update on this - we followed all the complaints procedures, firstly just a veterinary mediation service which is just optional and of course the vet declined mediation. So onto the RCVS complaint procedure which was a very lengthy process. Sadly it didn't pass the 2nd stage, we challenged this but have had a response to say the complaint has been closed. Basically it comes down to the RCVS has no say over negligence, or behaviour that falls below the standard, only behaviour that falls very far below that would likely result in removal from the veterinary register. The RCVS said themselves the bar is set very high. Incredibly disappointing and upsetting.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

I'm so sorry, Liz I agree it is incredibly disappointing and upsetting.

I am sorry this process was not successful and also that it reopened the wounds from Jasmine's loss. You did everything right to make her life better. Sending gentle hugs.

Iím so sorry. You and Jasmine deserved better imo xx

This is really sad, I am sending lots of hugs xxxx

So sorry Liz. You have done all you can, you have been badly let down

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

Tribute to Arthur Labinjo-Hughes 2014-2020

https://arthurlabinjo-hughes.muchlov...iTCE8BEc-0w2xg

I've just read your whole thread. How heart breaking. Big big hugs x

This is beyond disappointing and deeply sad.

I think it wouldn't be too beyond the pale to say that you certainly don't have to recommend the vet that treated Jasmine with the deadly antibiotic and that it's a shame he sees no harm in it.

Personally I would want to know if someone has a disagreeable (being kind and watching the swear filter here) experience with a vet and what lead to my distasteful and perfectly avoidable end for my animal. It's dancing on a line between caveat emptor and libel I suppose, but after such a result if someone asked me about this vet, I'd relate my experience if it could prevent such a thing from happening again even if all that is mentioned is that this abx is FATAL for bunnies.

I'm so very sorry for you, Liz. There should have been a very different end to this horrible time. Thinking of you and poor Jasmine. I hope Jake is still doing okay? xxxxx