• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My beloved Treacle has gone

Pets mum

Wise Old Thumper
It is with a breaking heart, that I have to tell you, my darling girl fell into forever sleep in my arms yesterday. She had seemed to be more tired of late, but rapidly started going downhill this past week, and suddenly looked very old and frail. All food and drink was refused, she wouldn't take anything syringed, even her beloved narnie was refused. I couldn't bear to see her like that, and the vet agreed that it wasn't fair to subject her to a battery of tests at her age.
Treacle my darling, you were telling me that you had had enough, and I'm glad I listened. You were helped to the bridge, and went quickly and peacefully in my arms. You would have been 8 today.
You were the best little friend I could ever have wished for, you got me through this past year, by always being there in your favourite spot, on your rug under the coffee table, and always making me smile.
Breakfasts will never be the same, you so loved your slice of narnie, and would try and climb my legs to get at it.
You are back with your beloved little brother Toffee now, who left us far to soon.
Big brother George saw you in forever sleep, but he still looked for you this morning.
You have left an enormous bunny shaped hole in my heart, which will be there forever.
Have fun with Toffee sweetheart, we will all be together again one day.
Love you forever beautiful girlie :love::love::love::love: xxx

H9HtZmvl.jpg

baby you and Toffee :love:
q681sHfl.jpg

Oh I'm so so sorry :( sending you so many hugs xx

Binky free beautiful Treacle xx

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry to hear our Treacle bun has gone petsmum. She enjoyed a wonderful life with you by her side. So many hugs for you.

Sweet dreams, Treacle, you were an extra special bun xxx

Oh no, not Treacle :cry: Such sad news about your precious girlie :cry:

Sending you so many hugs.

Oh no :cry: I’m so very sorry. Binky free at the bridge Treacle xx

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Oh, Pets mum, I'm so, so sorry you've had to say goodbye to Treacle. :cry: I know she was very loved, and giving her a peaceful way of going to the bridge was the most loving thing you could do for her when she let you know it was time to go.

I'm so sorry to read your sad news. I'm glad you were allowed to be with her as she passed to the Bridge - some vets won't allow that with Covid:(

Binky free Treacle xxxx

Thank you everybun, for your lovely words and understanding. I am a complete mess at the moment, this has hit me so hard, I know so many of you will know that feeling too well.
Rhianna, I had a friend drive me quite a distance to the vet who helped her. We couldn't have been treated with more respect. They have a special room set up just for this purpose, I was allowed to hold her while the drug was administered, and opted to be left alone with her while she went, before the vet came back in. The local vet would not have done this. Made it so much easier.

My heart sank upon finding this post :cry: I'm so very sorry for your loss, Pets mum. :cry:
Sending you comforting hugs at this terribly sad time. Treacle will be missed by many she never knew. Sleep peacefully little girl. xxxxx

So very sorry for your loss. So glad that you were able to bold her in your arms at the end.

Rip Treacle.

Oh I'm so sorry to read this sad news Pets mum. What a beautiful girl she was :love:
I am so glad you were allowed to be with her at the end - what a comfort for her.
Sending so many hugs xx

Back