• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing advice regarding doors

Hi. This is my first post so not sure I am doing it right ha.
We are getting two rabbits from the RSPCA, they have been reserved for us, we are just finishing make their hutch. But I had the idea to put perspex on their two mesh doors to keep put the draught, and add a cat flap, to give them access to their run. I plan to leave a small section without plastic but meshed just to give some air, like a little vent.
Has anyone done this before? Anything I should take into account ?

Louise

Last edited:
Hi and welcome! Do you have any pictures of the space including the hutch and run? It may be easier to help if we can see your setup.

You can put perspex over the mesh, I have seen examples on the Forums. You can also buy covers from Scratch & Newton which cover the whole of the hutch so rain can't get in. The best idea is a playhouse with a connecting tube to the run so Bunnies are protected from weather and predators.

I have a shed aviary set up. The windows open wide to allow framed mesh inserts to be put in during the warmer months.

Last edited:
Back