• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Absolute Kitten Overload! One week old till now!

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
The babies are 3 weeks and 5 days old now! They're all doing amazing and thought people might like to see them growing up a bit.

Still pathetic...
Rdd3rTN.jpg

gRe9yS8.jpg

l5ktryu.jpg

tfudERj.jpg

Ju0JrX0.jpg

YBKlXMa.jpg

5ACEXxT.jpg

Starting to turn in to tiny cats...
B4Hpgpy.jpg

zZ2Wd0M.jpg

UBslKhE.jpg

9aAKGVl.jpg

QAvQo0t.jpg

Jmy2psQ.jpg

NHq9la1.jpg

MRf6w6k.jpg

TlfXZMI.jpg

...Continued in next post :oops:

Just a quick note for those who don't know me, I took in a stray who had kittens. I'm 100% pro rescue, wouldn't breed any of my pets.

Gorgeous. It has been 13 years since I had kittens. I kept three of them and gave two to my best friend. Even though I knew they were going to an awesome home and I would still be able to see them I cried buckets when they left. Are you keeping the Mum? And any of the babies?

Wilma (the mother) is staying. She's only young herself and was stay for a long time so she's had a rough start but she's absolutely made herself at home here so she isn't going anywhere!
Kittens all have homes lined up. All homes where I can visit too! It'll break my heart to let them go but I already had 3 cats before Wilma moved in. Even 4 feels like a lot of cats :lol:

Oh my goodness...what an adorable post full of squees!:love:
Ahhh...They're upwardly mobile...now the trouble begins! :lol:

I think the last set of kittens I cared for was in my late teens and they belonged to a friend whose cat I was caring for due to her family being evicted from their home. I took her, and them, on the condition my friend would let me spay her and then allow them to take her back (youngest daughter's favorite) but sadly she developed complications and passed away overnight at the vets. She was 13 and had been left to roam and have 3 and 4 litters a year for almost her entire life. It was a tragic end for her, but at least she went in peace. :cry:

The 3 babies remaining all went to excellent homes through the same vet who cared for the mom. I already had cats from three previous litters of the same momma cat who then went on to live with me for about 12-17 years each. Multi cat households are a wild balancing act at best of times, but these 3 got on extremely well and are all very much loved still and missed.

I'll not have more cats myself, beyond this last stray I took in when moving here. I applaud you for taking this lovely girl home and giving her, and her brood, the lives they deserve. The world needs more folks like you, Steph. :love: xxxx

Omg those little faces:love:. Last time I saw kittens was 2012 when mum and my aunt rescued a local mother cat and her kittens that were starting to become feral, in Sydney Australia. Took them three days to catch them. Took awhile for some of the kittens to calm down but they did after a few weeks. They got them all vaccinated, mum spayed and rehomed them all.

Oh my goodness...what an adorable post full of squees!:love:
Ahhh...They're upwardly mobile...now the trouble begins! :lol:

I think the last set of kittens I cared for was in my late teens and they belonged to a friend whose cat I was caring for due to her family being evicted from their home. I took her, and them, on the condition my friend would let me spay her and then allow them to take her back (youngest daughter's favorite) but sadly she developed complications and passed away overnight at the vets. She was 13 and had been left to roam and have 3 and 4 litters a year for almost her entire life. It was a tragic end for her, but at least she went in peace. :cry:

The 3 babies remaining all went to excellent homes through the same vet who cared for the mom. I already had cats from three previous litters of the same momma cat who then went on to live with me for about 12-17 years each. Multi cat households are a wild balancing act at best of times, but these 3 got on extremely well and are all very much loved still and missed.

I'll not have more cats myself, beyond this last stray I took in when moving here. I applaud you for taking this lovely girl home and giving her, and her brood, the lives they deserve. The world needs more folks like you, Steph. :love: xxxx

They've been trouble today! All full of energy :lol: Still cute enough to get away with it :lol: They know where the door is on the pen now and if I close it when they want to explore they proper shout at me! It's adorable.

This is the first time I've had newborn kittens and it's so lovely :love: The older cats are learning to tolerate them now too. Although Buggly is still confused...
5HdHD3o.jpg

We toyed with taking her in for a little while. She's young and she'd been hanging around for ages but already had the 3 cats and that's always felt a nice number of cats to have. But one night it was freezing cold so I put a bowl of food out for her and when I went to bring the bowl back in she just walked in the house with me so I just let her :lol: Extra glad I did now, the kittens wouldn't have survived some of the weather we've had!

Back