Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Poop stains

  1. #11
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    4,619

    Default

    The book on foraging:
    https://shop.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/pro...-by-twigs-way/

    As long as there is access to hay, he has something to eat. Rabbits continually graze anyway. Pellets and fancy hays are really treats for a rabbit with no health issues. He has you well trained .

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    I judge quantities on the individual Rabbit’s nutritional requirements. I don’t feed extra fresh veg, just a variety. I am less able to access fresh herbs in the quantities I need now I am housebound. I buy so many varieties of fresh forages, dried herbs and dried veg from here now

    https://www.naturesgrub.co.uk/collections/rabbits
    I thought you probably don't feed extra veggies but just checking

    I've gradually been cutting his pellets down and extra protein in his alfafa/Readigrass as thought he would maybe gain extra weight with that.

    We get fresh parsley and coriander from a local greengrocer which is lovely huge bunches and he loves it.

    We get cauliflower leaves fresh from a field which farmer was ok about as long as we didn't take too much in one go. We get shop bought kale/spinach/brocolli but will try this link online aswell thanks!

    I have issues with going out regularly aswell and my OH won't go foraging on his own. He already bike rides to field for cauliflower leaves. So online site would be great back up xx

    Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I'd keep him off the alfalfa whilst you are trying to keep his weight down. When I feed dried forage I think of it as concentrated nutrition as my experience of drying fresh is it reduces to at least a fifth of the size. You can mix in hay, feed on the side or offer morsels as treats.

    I've got that RWAF foraging book, the cover looks quite grubby but I don't use it anymore so if you've not ordered & can make use of mine PM me your address
    Foraging is such good fun, I'm pleased your going to give it a go. We have our longstanding My Foraging Diary thread which is a fab place to ask questions & IME show off
    We work Omi hard
    I thought the alfafa was fattening. That is probably why his tummy got so big! It was brilliant when he was sick and lost weight but he is like a hoover now! He is constantly eating hay now and has his nose stick in the hay pile and growls if we touch it

    Thank you for your offer of book. I will pm you

    I do struggle with pain at the moment so can't always go out but the weather is warming up so sun will warm my bones. I'm looking forward to going foraging but have no idea what is what so I will definitely use the forum and the book!

    The more I read on R.U. the more I am realising that rabbit's diet is the same as ours...commercial is full of added things they don't need and natural is best!

    But at the same time I want to make sure the fresh stuff is good quality and we are on a tight budget so I'm hoping we can make affordable changes for his health.

    He has got so lazy recently and I think his breathing will improve with losing weight and a change to his diet. Thanks for your help x

    Ps Does Omi help run R.U then? Are there a few of you that do it? I often wonder as you all seem to be on here so regularly

    Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    The book on foraging:
    https://shop.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/pro...-by-twigs-way/

    As long as there is access to hay, he has something to eat. Rabbits continually graze anyway. Pellets and fancy hays are really treats for a rabbit with no health issues. He has you well trained .
    Ah!! Lightbulb!

    It all makes sense now. He is spoilt and we feel like his minions pandering to his wishes. There needs to be some tough love.

    We are all on a diet now due to weight gain from lockdown so I'm in the right frame of mind to make these changes

    I bought my OH an indoor herb garden for his birthday this week as he wanted one. We only have a yard outside but he wants to grow herbs and veggies out there for us and Mr Chief

    Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by twistedtiggerz69; 04-03-2021 at 02:41 PM.

  5. #15

    Default

    Wanting to grow things for buns has started my new gardening hobby with my concrete jungle garden.

    Tis expensive to start but I must admit last summer I really loved seeing the buns devour my home grown basil and mint.

    Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarelessSquid07 View Post
    Wanting to grow things for buns has started my new gardening hobby with my concrete jungle garden.

    Tis expensive to start but I must admit last summer I really loved seeing the buns devour my home grown basil and mint.

    Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    Yes I guess setting it up isn't cheap. We need to get a little greenhouse area and pots and everything.

    Firstly we need to ask landlord (once again!) to put spikes on the windows first as yard is below roosting pidgeons!

    But even a few pots is a start I thought. We don't expect to feed Mr Chief this year much but even a few tasty treats would be lovely for him

    Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    18,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twistedtiggerz69 View Post
    I thought the alfafa was fattening. That is probably why his tummy got so big! It was brilliant when he was sick and lost weight but he is like a hoover now! He is constantly eating hay now and has his nose stick in the hay pile and growls if we touch it

    Thank you for your offer of book. I will pm you

    I do struggle with pain at the moment so can't always go out but the weather is warming up so sun will warm my bones. I'm looking forward to going foraging but have no idea what is what so I will definitely use the forum and the book!

    The more I read on R.U. the more I am realising that rabbit's diet is the same as ours...commercial is full of added things they don't need and natural is best!

    But at the same time I want to make sure the fresh stuff is good quality and we are on a tight budget so I'm hoping we can make affordable changes for his health.

    He has got so lazy recently and I think his breathing will improve with losing weight and a change to his diet. Thanks for your help x

    Ps Does Omi help run R.U then? Are there a few of you that do it? I often wonder as you all seem to be on here so regularly

    Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
    Omi is just a really helpful member. I nicknamed her OGAFAL (omi's Gardening & Foraging Advice Line) but shes really good at all kinds of advice. The mods run the show (Karen, Graicee, Chul, Zoobec etc) & there are forum supporters too. I just like being an ever present pest with no responsibilities

    www.TrawdenSoapKitchen.Etsy.com including Boobly Bears dried forage & herb mix

  8. #18

    Default

    I have only just seen this post! Sorry I have been ill and not on R.U. much recently.

    Everyone seems to add their part on here and it runs so well with all the input from different people. I bet there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes at times though. There is so much advice and great reading on here. I love R.U. I wish I had joined years ago! x

    Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •