• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding or pet sitter

Alicia

Mama Doe
So from today Jelly will be on 2 different medications twice a day for the rest of her life. I’m supposed to (Covid depending) be going away for a couple of nights in June. Obviously it’s a little way off and everything’s still quite up in the air anyway but I’m worried about leaving her and I’m not sure what to do. In this situation would you get a pet sitter or boarding?

Does the pet sitter just bob in or be there all the time?
Would Jelly be comfortable going somewhere else and is Jelly in danger (medically) by going to another location ie stressed etc
I think those would be my questions, plus I would like to see where Jelly was staying and has Jelly as much space as now?

Mmm it depends on the situation.
I loved our bunny boarders that ours went to years ago but now I'm not with my ex so the pet sitter comes
If I could drive I'd take them to bunny boarding
I would look at both and go with what you feel comfortable with. Go visit and also meet the pet sitter

The boarder is amazing, she’s had my rabbits before but not for a couple of years. The accommodation is great and the lady really knows her stuff, my only concern is it’s a 40 minute drive away and I just worry about the stress of the travel. The vet nurse from her vets isn’t an option because that vet is an hour away. Due to my job I know the local pet sitters fairly well and they’re all great and caring but not rabbit specific if that makes sense, I’m sure they’d take great care of them though.

Back