• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Activities for young whipper snappers

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Mr Doodle is very active, loves climbing and exploring. He literally doesn’t stop running around. He only has the train and the run around tunnel in his enclosure as I am not sure what I can or can’t trust him with at the moment.

What does everybun have to keep them entertained? More pet manor housing is financially out of the question at the moment

I was going to say chew sticks. I also wouldn't be concerned if he is running around a lot. This is good for him and we try and encourage running here :) Running is an activity in itself and he doesn't need to be entertained all the time. Try him also with a large cardboard box or cereal boxes, but check whether he chews them obviously.

I was thinking would it be ok to put some juicy hawthorn/willow branches like big ones around to keep him busy or can he possibly eat too much? I mean big ones that I could attach to the wall

I was thinking would it be ok to put some juicy hawthorn/willow branches like big ones around to keep him busy or can he possibly eat too much? I mean big ones that I could attach to the wall

We do that here when they are available. Some have been massive and I don't think they can have too much of them.

We do that here when they are available. Some have been massive and I don't think they can have too much of them.

Ok cool. They are just coming into bud round here so I’ll get em when they are looking juicy

Running is Rodney's favourite, give the boy a tunnel or a small gap to squeeze through and its zoomy central for ages.

I try and move around what we've got to create little obstacles etc to explore and charge around. Then sometimes a scatter of forage to hunt.

Blossom is less keen on running and I'm trying to train her to chase me for her nuggets to get some exercise but even with added incentive she just prefers digging.

If I've got some nice clumpy hay I've been giving her a fluffed up pile and she has fun making tunnels and then I can scatter forage in that too.

I've let her have an empty loo full of litter once but although she had great fun I was stepping on bits of litter for ages!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Running is Rodney's favourite, give the boy a tunnel or a small gap to squeeze through and its zoomy central for ages.

I try and move around what we've got to create little obstacles etc to explore and charge around. Then sometimes a scatter of forage to hunt.

Blossom is less keen on running and I'm trying to train her to chase me for her nuggets to get some exercise but even with added incentive she just prefers digging.

If I've got some nice clumpy hay I've been giving her a fluffed up pile and she has fun making tunnels and then I can scatter forage in that too.

I've let her have an empty loo full of litter once but although she had great fun I was stepping on bits of litter for ages!

We do this with Tui to get her to run from one part of the run to another. Get her to recognise a key word. We use 'sup sup', so she knows to run towards you.

That sounds like a good plan, at the moment I give two kisses but that's Rodney's summons that he took ages to learn and works well for him but seems to put Blossom off.

I suspect because he still gets a bit boisterous with her at times although its calmed down loads.

I'll come up with something just for her.

Treat balls, tunnels, something to dig/ish in, toilet roll tubes/similar stuffed with hay (use as an alternative to treat ball for pellets), balls to chew and/or throw, loads of sticks, and everything up to big logs, stuff hung from string and/or top of a cage-type thing (we use the run), places to jump and see off (cat tree), pinecones and the like. Most of that is stuff you can swap in and out as required, so you don't have to invest loads of money for lots of joy :D

bd4f154dfb9d5f27dd002aaadb622ef4.jpg

I just ordered him some willow toys and balls etc. I have lots of fabric or plastic tunnels but I am abit worried he might eat them. I also bought him some fleeces too but at the moment he is peeing everywhere :lol: hopefully everything will settle down soon and he will get his routine of where to pee.

Back