Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nobivac Myxo-RHD PLUS

Default Nobivac Myxo-RHD PLUS

Have everyone's bunnies gone over onto this now?

Did you do it willingly or have any reservations?

I had a batch of bunnies done with it earlier this week - they were all due the myxomatosis/RHD1 jab, they are a few months off being 'due' for Filovac.

I now have 12 bunnies due RHD2 protection mid-March and got the first 4 booked in on Monday. Having weighed up all the pros and cons, I have gone for the Nobivac Myxo-RHD PLUS... So just wondering how everyone else (or their vets!) are going with the decision.
    (There's a little voice in the back of my mind tempting me to give then Filavac as well but there's no scientific evidence to support the need for it...)

Thanks
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13) and 12.12.20

As long as the Myxo RHD Plus is given BEFORE RHD2 cover from previous vaccination expires it is fine to give just the M RHD Plus. But if the Rabbits’ previous RHD2 cover was over 12 months ago (I go for over 11 months ago) Filavac should be given first, the MRHD Plus two weeks later. Hope that makes sense.

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

UK Med Freedom Alliance https://www.ukmedfreedom.org/

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    As long as the Myxo RHD Plus is given BEFORE RHD2 cover from previous vaccination expires it is fine to give just the M RHD Plus. But if the Rabbits’ previous RHD2 cover was over 12 months ago (I go for over 11 months ago) Filavac should be given first, the MRHD Plus two weeks later. Hope that makes sense.
    Thanks. I know the protocol, I'm just wondering if everyone else is going over to the new vaccine and not worrying about RHD2 as I am. It's probably irrational so I'm just looking for reassurance really. ... having said that, my 12 rabbits are into the 11-12 month zone now.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13) and 12.12.20

All 3 of mine had it at various points last year and I was happy for the switch, they had no problems

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    Thanks. I know the protocol, I'm just wondering if everyone else is going over to the new vaccine and not worrying about RHD2 as I am. It's probably irrational so I'm just looking for reassurance really. ... having said that, my 12 rabbits are into the 11-12 month zone now.
    Personally I would go with just the M RHD plus and get them done ASAP ie being in the 11month zone or just after.

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

UK Med Freedom Alliance https://www.ukmedfreedom.org/

I'm very confused, mine are both overdue, what do they need ?

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Personally I would go with just the M RHD plus and get them done ASAP ie being in the 11month zone or just after.
    Thanks Jane. That's what I am heading for, glad you would do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post
    I'm very confused, mine are both overdue, what do they need ?
    Both rabbits overdue, or both vaccines overdue?

I would have to check Bella's card. But Bing would be overdue both vaccines. This is why I'm confused, weren't the two vaccines being combined ?

Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post
    I would have to check Bella's card. But Bing would be overdue both vaccines. This is why I'm confused, weren't the two vaccines being combined ?
    yes, they are being combined. Unfortunately the way the vaccines work means that you need an up to date RHD2 vaccine before giving the new one... or a rabbit that has never been vaccinated for RHD2. An out of date RHD2 vaccination causes 'vector interference'

Basically it's a myxomatosis vaccine with RHD1 and 2 tagged onto it. This means that in certain circumstances the myxomatosis part of the vaccine only is effective. The section below is a cut and paste of an explanation of how it works:

Nobivac Myxo-RHD and Nobivac Myxo-RHD Plus use a myxomavirus as vector (or carrier) for genetic material from the RHDV2. Booster immunity occurs more quickly than initial immunity so if the rabbit has no immunity to RHDV2 but has immunity to myxomatosis the immune system gobbles up the vector virus and the genetic material from RHDV2 before the rabbit can develop immunity to RHDV2 i.e. vector interference. If the rabbit already has immunity against RHDV2 from vaccination (i.e Filavac or Eravac) then that immunity should be boosted by the genetic material within the vector virus.