• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Back at the vets (Update 24th March)

Even if after a blood test CRF is diagnosed there are treatments which whilst they can’t cure the condition they can buy the Rabbit a significant amount of extra time of a good QOL. Sending lots of vibes for him x

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear that Philip is having issues again 😔 The good news is that he's got you and an excellent vet fighting his corner. Hopefully John will be able to get to the bottom of it.

Poor Philip. I agree with IM :) I hope stopping the diuretic stops him leaking and the fluid doesn't come back.

Oh, no, poor Phillip. I'm so sorry he's having problems again. :( I hope stopping the diuretic will work, and if not, that you and the vets can find something else to help him. Sending Phillip lots of vibes.

Just checking in on Phillip, hope everything is ok & coming off the diuretics has helped x

Thanks for checking, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have helped so far :(
There was a couple of days over the weekend where he seemed to stop but then tonight I've got home and he's leaving puddles again. Still very happy within himself and causing mischief which is good I suppose.
Electrolytes arrived yesterday so I added those to his water today. Will give him another week as the vet said leave it 2 weeks and then it'll be back to see them I think.

I'm sorry you've not had consistent results with taking him off them (yet). More vibes for your gorgeous boy :love:

You say he improved over weekend and backslid when you were working? Over weekend did you do anything different-like intervene before he peed?
Sending vibes he just needs time to improve.

Ohh Mr Swoon :(. I hope you get some improvement although he sounds happy in himself which is good news!

Had a hopeful day yesterday where there was no leaking at all. Tonight unfortunately he's leaking large amounts of essentially just water almost continuously. He's drunk 2 standard size bowls of water this evening, it's just going straight through him. Otherwise still his normal chirpy self and eating well. Going to give the vets a call in the morning. I am so worried about my sweet boy :(

Back