• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Back at the vets (Update 24th March)

nap91

Mama Doe
It’s been a while without a vet visit so Phillip decided he’d step up.

He’s become incontinent again :(

It’s been happening for a couple of weeks so I started a course of panacur when it started and booked a vet appointment for today. He’s well within himself and it’s only been happening late at night but when I got home today at 4.30pm he was completely soaked underneath :cry:

Just waiting at the vet now :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back from the vet. They managed to get a urine sample which was negative for infection but very diluted so he’s basically just leaking water.
I’ve been told to stop his daily diuretic medicines for the fluid around his heart for two weeks to see if that has any impact, since he has not deteriorated since the last reduction and the fluid on his last scan was minimal.

I’m not particularly hopeful that it will help though as he was having these problems on and off before he went on the diuretic several years ago. Anyway I asked what the outcome would be if this doesn’t help and the vet said it’s likely to be a problem with how his kidneys filter, with the end result of kidney failure. He said he’s not in kidney failure at the moment but the thought of it is just devastating. My sweet boy is only 3 and a half :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending vibes for the adorable Philip. He is such a favorite of mine and I hope that your vet can formulate a treatment plan that makes Philip comfortable.
Hugs to you too. xx

Oh Phillip :( I hope he gets on well & Uncle John has him back on track. I'm heartened to hear he is still happy in himself

Sending vibes, sorry I have no experience of this but I hope you can find a solution and that he's feeling OK soon.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. He is still so cheeky and bright so I am hoping he will still have a good quality of life for a while yet.

Oh Phillip :( I hope he gets on well & Uncle John has him back on track. I'm heartened to hear he is still happy in himself

This is my local vet we saw. He is due a check up soon with John so will be interesting to hear his perspective on things too.

Sorry to hear wee Philip has wee ptoblem. Hope med change helps. Will you continue Panacur? Is he dribbling urine?

Back