Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big bunnies, little bunnies, medium sized bunnies

Default Big bunnies, little bunnies, medium sized bunnies

I always seem to get medium sized bunnies. I do love the idea of a well sociaised giant - I like the thought of spooning with them in front of fire The charm, aloofness & entertainment value of nethies also seems very appealing. For medium sized rabbits I like their rabbityness, their generally better health (prospects).
    I've also never had a bunny i can't pick up / handle as necesssary so think medium sized bunnies must be better for this??

Does bunny size matter to you?

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I always seem to get medium sized bunnies. I do love the idea of a well sociaised giant - I like the thought of spooning with them in front of fire The charm, aloofness & entertainment value of nethies also seems very appealing. For medium sized rabbits I like their rabbityness, their generally better health (prospects).
    I've also never had a bunny i can't pick up / handle as necesssary so think medium sized bunnies must be better for this??

Does bunny size matter to you?
    Not really tbh, I've had two very small mini lops, a mini rex, two standard rexes, and two californians, so a bit of a mix, nothing really tiny though and nothing giant.. I like big buns though, I'm more drawn to them for some reason not sure why.. I'd have a continental giant quite happily and also a nethie, but if I had to choose between the two I'd always pick the continental wish I knew why!

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

I have had over 150 Rabbits of all sizes. So size doesn’t matter to me

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Block the building of a Rabbit Meat Farm in Cornwall
    http://chng.it/McbytJf7bP

We had Theo and Vincent, Theo standard, Vincent small. The last 4 have been biggies. Sometimes trying to carry conti/flemish in a carrier made me wish for smaller. I dont think size matters.
    Spooning in front of the fire usually is Rups sitting on your back/heard/legs as you stay still to accommodate him before realising you are so very uncomfy and a little squished.

Size doesn’t matter to me, I’ve never had a giant rabbit though, but had lots of medium sized rabbits and Frosty was my only one tiny bunny. Boots was medium sized and my one and only true cuddle bunny. I’ve had a few that were definitely hands off timid bunnies, and one aggressive one!

What matter to me the most is health. And I'm not keen on small, rounded muzzle with cats, dogs, rabbits, brachycephalic faces. The tendency of teeth problems is high-way higher then with normal muzzle breed. And not just teeth also breathing and possible heart problems.

So I would ask all the breeders, do best for breeds and change standards to the better-normal lenght muzzle. A lot of dwarf breeds and lionheads have this problem.

That is the main reason I've decided together with my boyfriend-we will never buy /adopt dwarf breed again. Only for fostering-yes. I will always take the bun in need. But I choose medium/large breeds.

And not too fond of giants. Well. I adore them. But quite often they have spine problems.

That said. I think there is still a long way to improve breeding in buns. At least in Slovenia. I'm spoiled with dogs. Educating breeders, owners is the way.

I'd say it doesn't matter because I love bunnies of all sizes, but in reality I need to be able to carry them when they need to go to the vet, so I stick with small bunnies because I'm weak. I think Casper's the smallest bunny I've had, though. He's very little.

Charlie, our family rabbit at home, was the smallest, a Nethie with bunnitude. He was fab Lopsy's the biggest rabbit I've had and he's much more difficult to handle, so I prefer smaller bunnies from a handling sense. Although I do threaten Matt with getting a house giant who'll be really annoying to him
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

My rabbits are appr. 4.5kg, I definitly prefer stumbling over them than stepping on small ones . Also, they are completly safe from cats.

Wise Old Thumper

My preference is definitely uppy-eared, non brachycephalic, because of health issues. Appearance-wise I find them all cute. If a rabbit doesn't like being picked up or handled then I think medium size is probably the easiest, as large ones are strong and heavy to manage, whilst small ones are wriggly.