• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Putting previously bonded rabbits back together, help please.

Willow218

New Kit
So we can finally put Loki and Nova back together as they've both been neutered.

We've tried them together in the lounge in a small area. The male is just chasing the female round trying to mount her. They haven't fought, but she's doing her best to get away from him by jumping in the air.

Is there something else I should be doing, or should I just put them together in the hutch and run and let them get on with it.

They've been apart for about 9 weeks.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Chasing and humping is normal at first I would keep them in neutral territory until things settle down. Scatter some food around as a distraction.

Chasing, mounting and fur pulling is normal. If you feel the female needs a break tonight then separate them and start afresh tomorrow, Things wil lsettle down in a couple of days.

So we're on day two of them spending about 3 hours together each day in the run.

Loki just chased Nova (F) round and round, there was some fur pulling and some grooming of ears ... this is good isn't it!

We've put them back together in the hutch now, they've both have access to top and bottom, which seems a novelty as they were separated.

My daughter hates the chasing but as they haven't fought I've told her we have to leave them be.

Am I still doing things right please?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

You need to keep an eye on them for another day as they are in a confined space but it should be all right. If there is too much chasing they will be better in a run where she can get away from him.

Back