• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow

Lagomorphine

Warren Scout
I'm writing this in memory of our rabbit Willow who died today on the 21st of February.
Willow was a 50th birthday present from my family, as I badly missed Toffy, our previous resident gardener who had passed away a few years before.

We adopted her on on 23rd April 2017 and I spent most of the summer building various extensions to her run until most of the garden was taken up by pipes, tunnels and rabbit runs. I few weeks after her arrival I got her a companion, Charlie. Bonding was hard, it took me five months to get them to accept each other. But then they lived happily together, having the run of the garden whenever we were at home.

Willow had congenital problem that made her prone to eye infections but she seemed happy enough. She had an insatiable appetite and ruled over Charlie who was always nice to her. He cleaned her eye carefully whenever her problem flared up and we are sure that without his care Willow would have had a more serious problem.

A few days ago we noticed that Willow looked thinner than usual and her eye looked inflamed. We took her to the vet and she had various injections and antibiotics. We syringe fed her every few hours and she seemed to amble along until this morning when her condition suddenly started deteriorating and within a few hours she died.

Willow, thank you for giving us joy and we hope we looked after you properly and gave you a decent life. As I'm getting older I realize how much you little friends meant to me and how much richer you made my life. I really hope there is a realm somewhere beyond this earth where everything exists forever and you are there now and one day we will be reunited.

Binky free, our friend.
Willow.png

Really sorry to hear that you have lost Willow, she was a beautiful looking bunny, and sounds like she had a wonderful life with you. Binky free Willow xx

Willow was a beautiful girl. I know you gave her a wonderful life, even persisting for five months to bond her with a loving companion. Sending mega condolances.

I'm so very sorry you lost your dear Willow. :cry: I'm sorry for Charlie, too; it sounds like they were good friends after they finally bonded...

Willow was beautiful. I'm sure she was very happy for the wonderful life you gave her. I'm sorry to hear she has passed. Sweet dreams Willow xx

Back