• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Exciting release of new videos at 9pm -U/D new vid posted!

Aaaw all that space to hop and run in. Lucky bunnies. I usually bond in a tiny pen. It is much nicer for the buns to have more space to explore and to be able to get away from each other if they want to. I would hate to be shut in a tiny room with a stranger - well, guess it depends on the stranger!!!!

Here we go everybun - the first videos of Flo and Leo yesterday. Sorry they are in 2 parts but youtube had a wobbly trying to upload 11 minutes of video!
I've got another one from this morning to upload later for you.

Is it reasonably safe to assume that they are bonded? It cannot be this easy. I don't know what I dun wrong??
Craig xx

I'd say (going off the videos) they are in the process of bonding rather than already bonded. I don't think you'll have any problems though.

Some bunnies just bond really easily. Joey with his first wife didn't even do any chasing or humping but went straight to sitting together & grooming - same with the 1st pair I bonded (although I can't really claim I did any bonding there). I think this is why I bang on about letting bunnies meet first if poss

I'd say (going off the videos) they are in the process of bonding rather than already bonded. I don't think you'll have any problems though.

Some bunnies just bond really easily. Joey with his first wife didn't even do any chasing or humping but went straight to sitting together & grooming - same with the 1st pair I bonded (although I can't really claim I did any bonding there). I think this is why I bang on about letting bunnies meet first if poss

I was just going to say the same. I think Leo is wanting to hump her but she’s not letting him get near enough for long enough :lol:

Aw, looks like it's going well. :) I agree with j&b and Zoobec that they're still in the process of bonding instead of already bonded, but, yes, it looks like they'll be fine. I'm happy for them both. :love:

Haven't a lot of time to watch all the video but what is happening is all good. This will settle by about Wednesday. Can you throw some hay or something down to tempt them to eat together? It also distracts Leo from doing what he is doing.

I noticed he was following her, until he went inside and she followed. They look like they belong together-she runs away, yet no aggression.

Quick update on how the day has gone.
I’m shattered! I’ve didn’t the day steam cleaning the living room carpet and rearranging the kitchen and reclaiming the living room space. I’ve tried to put a balance of Leo’s and flos familiar items so each has something familiar for them. I’ve removed the cardboard sleeping box and used the top of the indoor cage as a new sleeping area complete with soft mattress and floofy toys. This complies with removing the cardboard problem as far as flo goes. It’s the best I can do right now.
Flo and Leo have had a blinding day - most in the garden but a bit of indoor time when it rained. Flo was following Leo and there’s been little if any mounting.
10 minutes ago Flo was under the living room table licking Leo’s face! And shes just started doing it again. Leo seems to like this!
Both seem much more relaxed and content with each other so I’m amazed I am at this point after 2 days.
I’ll keep updating with developments.
Craig. Xx

Oh she’s lovely natured isn’t she. I don’t think you’ll have any problems here

We are going for a hardcore no nonsense bond this time around :lol:

Quick update on how the day has gone.
I’m shattered! I’ve didn’t the day steam cleaning the living room carpet and rearranging the kitchen and reclaiming the living room space. I’ve tried to put a balance of Leo’s and flos familiar items so each has something familiar for them. I’ve removed the cardboard sleeping box and used the top of the indoor cage as a new sleeping area complete with soft mattress and floofy toys. This complies with removing the cardboard problem as far as flo goes. It’s the best I can do right now.
Flo and Leo have had a blinding day - most in the garden but a bit of indoor time when it rained. Flo was following Leo and there’s been little if any mounting.
10 minutes ago Flo was under the living room table licking Leo’s face! And shes just started doing it again. Leo seems to like this!
Both seem much more relaxed and content with each other so I’m amazed I am at this point after 2 days.
I’ll keep updating with developments.
Craig. Xx

Oh that is super news. I hope you get some rest though.

I’m glad it’s going well :love: Grooming is fantastic :love: normally, when bonding I don’t have anything that belongs to either bun in the bonding area in case they get territorial over it. So you will need to watch them for that. Fingers crossed it continues to go well :love:

Oh she’s lovely natured isn’t she. I don’t think you’ll have any problems here

We are going for a hardcore no nonsense bond this time around :lol:

Well you see this is where I'm confused dot com. She was boxing us for the first few days - and did the same at the rescue centre. But I've worked really intensely with Flo to build up a relationship and made progress. I believed deep down that Flo wasn't an agressive bunny. I believed she was hurting so much from the amount of upheaval in her young life. She was just striking out because she was being defensive. So I was extremely nervous about introducing her to Leo because he's a big old softee and only known one rabbit in his 6 years. And he was grieving and he's just had a dental so things weren't ideal. But I am stunned at how completely relaxed about it Flo has been. O knew deep down there was an absolutely loving bunny beneath the shield she had created.
I know I sound like a sort of spiritual sort of guy - not the normal rugged old spice sort of guy, but I believe deeply in emotional connections with animals and understanding how they feel about the world around them.
I do hope your bond goes well - Bodders is just an adorable little chap and I'm sure he will win Maples heart easily.

Well you see this is where I'm confused dot com. She was boxing us for the first few days - and did the same at the rescue centre. But I've worked really intensely with Flo to build up a relationship and made progress. I believed deep down that Flo wasn't an agressive bunny. I believed she was hurting so much from the amount of upheaval in her young life. She was just striking out because she was being defensive. So I was extremely nervous about introducing her to Leo because he's a big old softee and only known one rabbit in his 6 years. And he was grieving and he's just had a dental so things weren't ideal. But I am stunned at how completely relaxed about it Flo has been. O knew deep down there was an absolutely loving bunny beneath the shield she had created.
I know I sound like a sort of spiritual sort of guy - not the normal rugged old spice sort of guy, but I believe deeply in emotional connections with animals and understanding how they feel about the world around them.
I do hope your bond goes well - Bodders is just an adorable little chap and I'm sure he will win Maples heart easily.

I agree Craig she’s probably been through a lot. I think bunnies being together make them more confident/relaxed, and it’s wonderful to see

It's really a wonderful outcome, you and your Wife must be over the moon. I am very happy for you and the Bunnies. :love::love:

Just caught up with this thread. What a fabulous bonding story. Really really happy for you and for them!

Did the Bunnies spend the night together? :D Sounds like a song! I am pretty sure they will be fine now.

Did the Bunnies spend the night together? :D Sounds like a song! I am pretty sure they will be fine now.

They did. And my kitchen/diner this morning resembled an explosion in a currant factory!! You ever played hopscotch as a kid? Well that’s what I had to do this morning to navigate my way round my mined kitchen floor.
I’ll allow the little hooligans that. It was probably unsettling for them and they will have been nervous and excited.
When I came downstairs, flo was sprawled out on the middle of the floor and Leo sitting bolt upright keeping watch on the garden. Flo demanded that hooman open the door to the garden urgently and then proceeded to try to break Henry’s zoomy record of a lap round the fish pond, in the kitchen, into the living room, round the chairs and back to the patio.
Having demanded the back door open, both now sprawled out under the living room table whilst all the heat that was in the room is now sucked outside.
I think it’s safe to say things are going tickety boo.

Back