Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nearly took Cookie to the OOH vets then this popped out! U/D he's done it again

Well done on getting that out. Must feel so much better now

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Lopsy had this, only his was about 4-5 times as big Vet had to get it out. Never does anything by halves does Lopsy. He was always fine in himelf, he just got a progressively wet face. He was fine after it was removed and he just had eyedrops for a week I think (might have begun with F? Can't remember), they were easy to administer as we just distracted Lopsy with food and popped them in and he didn't seem to really notice We didn't have an eye-licky bunny to worry about at the time!

I hope Cookie gets on OK now it's out
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her/any.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Wow, poor boy.

Cookie was still not opening his eye fully this morning so I took him to the vets and unfortunately the grass seed has caused a pretty nasty ulcer . It's a good job I'm on holiday from work this week because I have to give him drops SEVEN times a day Antibiotic drops four times a day, then a corneal repair gel three times a day but not at the same time as the other drops, and he's on metacam twice a day too. He hates me already, as soon as he sees me he either runs and hides or turns his back to me

The vet used a dye which turned his tears and snot glow in the dark green

Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop

Ouch, sadly this often happens when a hay seed gets into the eye. I hope he responds to the treatment x

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Oh that is a very nasty one!
    If it doesn't appear to heal with the drops, there is a surgical option to help improve the healing process.

I'm glad you got him seen and have started the treatment already.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Ooooh, poor Cookie Lopsy was really lucky, he just had a tiny ulcer under the eye (so the bit he's 'not using') and our drops regime wasn't so bad at all. We had the UV stuff which was well cool and the only way the vet miraculously saw a tiny strand of the seed. Lopsy obviously had it in there a few days, I wonder how long Cookie's had his? Absolutely no way of knowing I hope he heals as quick as Lopsy did (three days stopped watering, no sign at vet's a week later) I hope he forgives you and lets you do things you need to do
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her/any.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

I'm sorry he has an ulcer I hope it heals soon!

Thanks everyone! I'm really hoping surgery isn't necessary I think the seed was only in overnight because me and my boyfriend saw plenty of him the day before and he wasn't squinting at all, then yesterday he would barely open his eye. Looking at some pictures I think it was possibly an oat seed rather than wheat/grass and I do remember seeing something grainy-looking in their new bag of hay the night before which the rabbits pulled out straight away. I don't really understand how something so large would get in his eye and so far under his eyelid without him blinking it out at first contact
    Princess the Lionlop

I thought I'd update this for anyone who searches 'ulcer' in the future. Brilliant news, 10 days later and Cookie's eye has completely healed! I'm really surprised because apparently they can take a really long time and need surgery in some cases. It's a good job really because poor Cookie was getting so stressed from all the medication giving
    Princess the Lionlop