• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guidance/advice on when to bond Leo and ‘sno-flo’

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Attention all bonding experts please. It’s that time again when I put a call out asking for your esteemed wisdom and guidance.
Leo and sno-flo.
Here’s the rub - we’ve had flo 2 weeks, it’s been just over 3 since her spay. I know her hormones will still be running a bit haywire for at least the next 2-3 weeks.
So far neither has been allowed any interaction but I have been doing swapsies so Leo goes into flo’s kitchen/diner set up and starts marking everywhere and flo comes in to the living room and does the same.
Both rabbits seem reasonably content with each other’s presence and can see each other and obviously know the smell. Flo reportedly lived with 2 other male rabbits so I’m thinking she has an advantage about being bonded. Leo obviously had a year with Lillian. But that was his only relationship in his 6 years.
Should I continue as I’m doing until about week 6-7 after flo’s spay or do I try and test the water and risk destabilising things? Both bunnies seem frustrated with the present situation but I dont want things to get ugly especially as Leo had a dental just under a week ago and flo has only been here 2 weeks.
But both bunnies would benefit from being bonded.
Advice please.
Thank you all in advance
Craig

I would definitely put them together now. It won't make any difference if you wait another 3 weeks, if they are going to like one another then now is the time. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't get along. Leo seems very easy-going and it's usually the girls which are the awkward ones. Where are you thinking of introducing them Craig? The garden would be my choice as there is lots of space for Flo to run away if Leo chases her. The weather is good also.

Oooh - your going to enjoy the video I’m currently busy with.
Things here aren’t quite going to script so I’m going to need quite a few keen bonding experts views here with particular attention to body language.
I’m scratching my head here cause this is very strange......

Back