• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a package for King Orion [emoji146]

Aww, he seems happy with his new houses! :love: I'm glad you had help with the tunnel :lol: Hopefully he'll enjoy that, too, after all your hard work. :lol:

BC can you give us a review of the quality etc? I just looked these up and was surprised how cheap it is. Are the tunnels sturdy or thin?

BC can you give us a review of the quality etc? I just looked these up and was surprised how cheap it is. Are the tunnels sturdy or thin?
Yes I wanna know too - they look good quality for the money, was thinking of getting some too :)

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Yes I wanna know too - they look good quality for the money, was thinking of getting some too :)

the tunnels.. I mean, they're certainly not expensive so I'd say they're worth it. but that being said, the plastic isn't thick by any means and I do feel a determined rabbit could easily chew through it. they do come with anti chew rings to screw in yourself, which go around the ends. I can say those would deter chewing - Orion chewed from the ends on a previous tunnel from elsewhere. so I do feel its a step up in comparison. but it would be quite easy to possibly nibble if a rabbit decided too. Orion gave it a chew (my fault as I chucked a treat in there to make sissy princess go in), and there's def some damage from his soft nibbles at attempting to eat up treat crumbs :lol:

the hides though - I really think they're worth it. they're made out of very thick & sturdy plastic. they would stand quite a bit of nibbling if a rabbit attempted it. I also think they're pretty good as they're large (can easily fit two buns) and have the two entrances to them, which rabbits quite like

shipping was fast though - I ordered on the 11th and they got here on the 15th :D

house: very thick plastic, def is the better quality and quite large
3a092448c842955dc9071751059fb17c.jpg

cf46a428ab2f70d8a06e93215004ec9d.jpg

these are the anti chew rings you need to screw in yourself - protects the delicate ends from bunny teeth
96ec5f0e88ac116dd3b867d38fa3e3f6.jpg

vs what it looks like without
3b0a3ed2eba0668b2c01cd89dc40414d.jpg

..and this also gives you an idea how thin the plastic is on the tunnels too, ft orion’s nose [emoji38][emoji38]
8cc666b065deea05c8fafdf6682e3c5a.jpg

it’s really minimal but you can see tiny scratches from Orion attempting to hoover up pellet crumbs. it’s not pierced the tunnel but he was also fairly gentle (and I stopped him) so I don’t doubt a rabbit could chew it fairly easy
6ed04d6e03ddd60a5efca1e8c19c2107.jpg

so yeah: verdict -

tunnels I probably wouldn’t purchase again - namely because Orion doesn’t seem to use them and they’re quite thin plastic.
the anti chew rings are a good idea however and do keep thin wonky edges out of reach from a rabbit, and considering my last tunnel was destroyed that way, def a step up.
but the tunnel is corrugated, so it’s easy for a determined rabbit to chew the tunnel regardless, and the plastic isn’t thick

but the houses? I’d certainly buy again. I’ll probably get some more next month to add around the house so he can feel more comfortable. I mean he seems fine, he sploots in the middle of the room, but he def enjoys sometimes some privacy [emoji38]
they’re thick plastic so not easily nibbled as they’re quite resistant. it’s plastic so not the most sturdy, aka, I couldn’t sit on it, but orion enjoys jumping up there so hey ho
can easily see two rabbits fitting in nicely, and considering rabbits like having many exits, I think it’s a good idea too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

house: very thick plastic, def is the better quality and quite large
3a092448c842955dc9071751059fb17c.jpg

cf46a428ab2f70d8a06e93215004ec9d.jpg

these are the anti chew rings you need to screw in yourself - protects the delicate ends from bunny teeth
96ec5f0e88ac116dd3b867d38fa3e3f6.jpg

vs what it looks like without
3b0a3ed2eba0668b2c01cd89dc40414d.jpg

..and this also gives you an idea how thin the plastic is on the tunnels too, ft orion’s nose [emoji38][emoji38]
8cc666b065deea05c8fafdf6682e3c5a.jpg

it’s really minimal but you can see tiny scratches from Orion attempting to hoover up pellet crumbs. it’s not pierced the tunnel but he was also fairly gentle (and I stopped him) so I don’t doubt a rabbit could chew it fairly easy
6ed04d6e03ddd60a5efca1e8c19c2107.jpg

so yeah: verdict -

tunnels I probably wouldn’t purchase again - namely because Orion doesn’t seem to use them and they’re quite thin plastic.
the anti chew rings are a good idea however and do keep thin wonky edges out of reach from a rabbit, and considering my last tunnel was destroyed that way, def a step up.
but the tunnel is corrugated, so it’s easy for a determined rabbit to chew the tunnel regardless, and the plastic isn’t thick

but the houses? I’d certainly buy again. I’ll probably get some more next month to add around the house so he can feel more comfortable. I mean he seems fine, he sploots in the middle of the room, but he def enjoys sometimes some privacy [emoji38]
they’re thick plastic so not easily nibbled as they’re quite resistant. it’s plastic so not the most sturdy, aka, I couldn’t sit on it, but orion enjoys jumping up there so hey ho
can easily see two rabbits fitting in nicely, and considering rabbits like having many exits, I think it’s a good idea too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah thanks for this!

Two Ori sized buns could fit? Or you think two bigger buns could? [emoji38]

Ah thanks for this!

Two Ori sized buns could fit? Or you think two bigger buns could? [emoji38]

ofc Luna isn't here any longer .. but I would say Ori (2.4kg) and Thiccums Luna (2.7k) - (side note: mini my *** I was sold a FAKE!! :lol: Snoopy has been my only dwarf grumble grumble) - would be able to fit easily since the hide is about the same as their carrier if not a smidge bigger. the shelters are 48cm x 33cm if that helps :lol:

ofc Luna isn't here any longer .. but I would say Ori (2.4kg) and Thiccums Luna (2.7k) - (side note: mini my *** I was sold a FAKE!! [emoji38] Snoopy has been my only dwarf grumble grumble) - would be able to fit easily since the hide is about the same as their carrier if not a smidge bigger. the shelters are 48cm x 33cm if that helps [emoji38]
[emoji38][emoji38]

I'm getting the sense Penelope wouldn't get her butt in it [emoji38] she's 5 kg on a good day [emoji38][emoji38]

Back