• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Amber spay today 2 15 21 Need vibes and advice.

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
This morning I have to drop off Amber in the vet parking lot for her spay. I am so worried about my girl. She is such a lovely bunny and she trusts me so much. Every night she sits nicely on my lap as I stroke her fur and groom her.
I know my vet is very competent, yet I feel bad that Amber will not understand why I am going to put her in a carrier and hand her to strangers in a strange place where she will be scared and have surgery that will cause her pain.
I am afraid she will not understand that I want her to have a long and healthy life and be bonded with her sweet brother Zorro.

We both need some vibes.

Zorro had his neuter in early December, how long must I wait after Amber's spay before can I attempt bonding?

I cannot remember how long it took after Heidi's spay for her to recover, though I remember she had a rough recovery. Can anyone offer me any advice?

Hi bunny momma. I don't know the answers to your questions but wishing all the best for Amber today xxx

I totally understand how you feel. I hope Amber comes through her op well and recovers quickly. I would wait about 3 weeks before bonding with Zorro. Try not to worry too much. xx

Sending lots of vibes for her :love: it depends on how hormonal she seems, the usual advice is that it takes around 6 weeks for hormones to subside.

I just got home after dropping Amber to vet. Zorro is looking for his sister who he can usually see. Even though they are separated by two layers of wire they live inches apart. I suspect my removing all her things for cleaning is not helping Zorro. My pick up time is almost 6 hours away.
We are expecting a snow storm and I was glad they modified the forcast from this morning until this evening so I am hoping I can drive Amber home before the storm.
Thank you for good thoughts.

I just got home after dropping Amber to vet. Zorro is looking for his sister who he can usually see. Even though they are separated by two layers of wire they live inches apart. I suspect my removing all her things for cleaning is not helping Zorro. My pick up time is almost 6 hours away.
We are expecting a snow storm and I was glad they modified the forcast from this morning until this evening so I am hoping I can drive Amber home before the storm.
Thank you for good thoughts.

Still sending lots of vibes and I hope the snow holds off til you get home x

Vet called early afternoon after he finished his surgeries and said Amber's spay went well and they were ready to give her hay and food I took earlier. After the call I relaxed knowing she was in good hands and took a nap.
Zorro will be glad to have Amber home. You may recall they were separated for weeks after I got Amber and before I rescued Zorro so I hope this is a sign they will not be difficult to bond next month. Amber prescribed medicam during her recovery. Time to get her home.

I’m glad it went well, I hope you soon have her home safe, and that she will have a smooth recovery xx

That's good news Bm, I hope you managed to get her home before any snow arrived, and hope she has settled down ok. Lots of vibes for a quick recovery xx

We just got home and Amber is looking at Zorro and he is looking at her. She pood lots at vets and just had a nibble of food. She got pain med injection at vets so starting medicam in morning. I hope she will eat and drink more once she settles.

We just got home and Amber is looking at Zorro and he is looking at her. She pood lots at vets and just had a nibble of food. She got pain med injection at vets so starting medicam in morning. I hope she will eat and drink more once she settles.

Great news :love:

She is not moving much since she came home. 5 hours ago. She not wanting to eat or drink and no fresh output. She had pain meds at vet so may need time. Vets closed now and weather getting bad. I have her on my lap getting soft strokes. Am I expecting too much too soon?
Please send more vibes/advice.

She is not moving much since she came home. 5 hours ago. She not wanting to eat or drink and no fresh output. She had pain meds at vet so may need time. Vets closed now and weather getting bad. I have her on my lap getting soft strokes. Am I expecting too much too soon?
Please send more vibes/advice.

poor girl. I hope she starts to feel better today xxx

Back