• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay box size comparison

Graciee

Staff member
Left bottom is the original sized box from Timothyhay.co.uk on top is the 2.5kg boxes of healthy herby hay (I ordered 15kg and got 6 x 2.5kg boxes so very manageable to use) and on the right is the new boxes from Timothyhay.co.uk if anyone's interested in the size differences [emoji38]
dda9f3e3d75490c0d6aaae233604ce30.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

ohh thanks - I'd wondered what they looked like (herbyhay) - someone was kind enough to post dimensions the other day

Which do your buns prefer

ohh thanks - I'd wondered what they looked like (herbyhay) - someone was kind enough to post dimensions the other day

Which do your buns prefer
They're going mad for the herby hay atm, but they like both tbh

thanks. was it all the same type from herbyhay?
Yea I only ordered the premium Timothy hay, I did previously have the sample pack which came with the premium Timothy hay, 2nd cut Timothy hay and orchard hay. They really loved them all, orchard was probably slightly less loved.. But the 2nd cut Timothy hay is slightly softer which is lovely but I've noticed Atticus does better on the stalky hay from Timothyhay.co.uk so we only feed him that tbh, the soft hay we were feeding to Clementine and the white buns only because they like both.. So I just got the premium stalky one from herby hay to begin with to see if Atticus can tolerate it [emoji38] so far they've all demolished their hay piles that normally last them 12 hours (all my buns seem to be super hay eaters - not complaining ofc [emoji38]) I'll definitely be getting some of the 2nd cut stuff though because the white buns went absolutely nuts for the sample :)

thats all really useful, thanks Graicee. I do like hearing about hay:love:
Who doesn't love talking about hay?! Michael says I'm weird, I can smell if a hay is going to go down well with the buns [emoji38]

I must be weird too. When I bought hay in boxes I asked to open the cardboard to see the hay since cutting not listed on box, and to make sure it smelled fresh and not musty or old.
The large boxes were compressed a lot and contained lots more broken bits and powdery dust, so now I get several 3-5 lb bags.

This is good to know, just bought a new box from timothyhay but since they've changed from the bags I can't fit it in my cupboard :lol:

I really like the new cardboard boxes. I always used to get entagled on those timothyhay.co.uk plastic wrap things that pinged off when you cut them

We are going to try herby hay

I really like the new cardboard boxes. I always used to get entagled on those timothyhay.co.uk plastic wrap things that pinged off when you cut them

We are going to try herby hay
Yeah the bags have their own issues! I prefer the box for being more environmentally friendly, although the big bags make excellent boot liners for my car!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks Graciee!

We’ve just ordered a load of herby hay. My two love the Timothy first cut, and they seem to prefer it to timothyhay.co.uk stuff.

The orchard they don’t love! I bought the hay with forage, but don’t think I’d get this again as there wasn’t much forage as I would have liked.

That also really liked m and t ryegrass sample, which I’m going to buy as well.

I love the boxes from herbyhay.

I just ordered the dandelion and chamomile from Herby Hay after reading this thread, I'm excited to see what my buns think of it. They love dandelions so, I think it will be a hit :)

Thanks Graciee!

We’ve just ordered a load of herby hay. My two love the Timothy first cut, and they seem to prefer it to timothyhay.co.uk stuff.

The orchard they don’t love! I bought the hay with forage, but don’t think I’d get this again as there wasn’t much forage as I would have liked.

That also really liked m and t ryegrass sample, which I’m going to buy as well.

I love the boxes from herbyhay.

I called them last week & was quoted £26 for del of one bag which I thought a tad excessive. Not sure the lad who answered was entirely on the ball. He said he would email me prices of samples & boxes but I've heard nothing. Issue could have been the stupid email address Bob sorted me when my yahoo one was playing up - but they also didn't reply to online request. If you get quoted differently for P&P would you be so kind as to PM me . I hope your heads ok today :)

Hi joey,

Unfortunately £26 is correct- their prices are quite high, see below. As we have so little space, I’m likely to get a 4kg box. My buns didn’t like the Timothy or the meadow though.

My head is just about ok! :lol:

SMALL ANIMAL HAY PRICE LIST
0.25kg sample pouch (Timothy, Ryegrass or Meadow Hay) £3 each
3kg box (Timothy, Ryegrass or Meadow Hay) £15 delivered
4kg box (Timothy, Ryegrass or Meadow Hay) £17 delivered
12.5kg bagged bale (Timothy, Ryegrass or Meadow Hay) £26 delivered
Pallet of 40 bales- Price available on request

Their email is a.stacey@mandthaylage.com

Hi joey,

Unfortunately £26 is correct- their prices are quite high, see below. As we have so little space, I’m likely to get a 4kg box. My buns didn’t like the Timothy or the meadow though.

aww brilliant, thanks so much

ohh interesting. I’ll keep an eye and might order some whenever Ori gets through the 9kg box.

I’m allergic to timothy and he isn’t keen on meadow so i’m always interested in places offerings alternatives to the most common two [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi joey,

Are you anywhere near any of their stockists? the 12kg bales I bought is compressed into a bale that’s 40cm x 25cm x 60cm. Luckily I live close enough to go and collect it directly from them.

Back