• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit pens

Ellieanna

New Kit
I was just wondering if anyone can help me out, I’ve been looking Into bringing my rabbit inside as her bonded partner has just passed away so I want to bring her indoors (uk) plus it’s pretty cold. Can anyone recommend some pens to keep her in that are affordable and that she won’t be able to escape from preferably from Amazon. I will let her out while I’m around but not all the time because I fear she would chew everything in my room if she was free roamed. Thanks

I would suggest getting a puppy pen higher than 61cm as most rabbits would be able to clear that, and you need to be careful if there is something nearby to climb on. 3' / 90cm is a fairly safe minimum height.

The only issue is i dont have much space to put it and the best space is half under my desk which is about 61cm as it has draws and dont really have any other options

I'm sorry you lost your bunny. Is your remaining bun a jumper? I've not had bunnies that would jump more than 61cm myself but they all have different abilities. I used one 80cm high one to temporarily separate bunnies & was entirely confident none of mine would clear it (being mindful not to put things against it that would reduce the height).

Thank you, I’ve never seen her jump that high and she is a french lop type so she is chunkier build and I can’t really see her being very agile because of it put i’m not really sure.

Just watch the change in temperature if she is used to being outside and then suddenly brought in to a heated room.

Yeah how can I combat that as I really don’t want to leave her out on her own especially because she doesn’t have another rabbit to huddle for warmth with? Will it be ok if I bring her inside and not put her back until spring?

Yeah how can I combat that as I really don’t want to leave her out on her own especially because she doesn’t have another rabbit to huddle for warmth with? Will it be ok if I bring her inside and not put her back until spring?

I wouldn't worry too much, its from inside to out thats the riskiest. Try & keep the heating low, window open for a while to acclimatise her. I adopted an outside bun to live inside at this time of year & did the above, turned into a right fire hugger come Autumn . Obv if she looks uncomfy you'll have to cool down the room some more but it won't be for long

We use these on our lawn and indoors when we need to: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METAL-DO...ENT-SIZES-BLACK/221255193310?var=520156302305 The 91cm versions. I have a climber and all mine can jump really well but indoors it's harder for them as the flooring isn't really what theyre used to! They've never jumped over the pen when it's on the lawn, I think it's too high to long-jump over and land safely (or they CBAed XD). My biggest bun is a 2.5kg lop cross and he's the best climber/jumper!

I wouldn't worry too much, its from inside to out thats the riskiest. Try & keep the heating low, window open for a while to acclimatise her. I adopted an outside bun to live inside at this time of year & did the above, turned into a right fire hugger come Autumn . Obv if she looks uncomfy you'll have to cool down the room some more but it won't be for long

I'd say outside to inside is still just as risky tbh. if proper precautions aren't taken (aka bringing them into a cool room) rabbit could very well overheat. here its been -4, bringing them in to a 22c house with a thick winter coat would certainly cause some issues. but I can say cooling down a room of your house is easier than attempting to keep them warm outside. open some windows and your set. obvs outside, much, much trickier ^^

Back