• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I adopt 2 boys???

carolinej

Young Bun
Hi,
After having a year without rabbits following the loss of my 2 in the space of a week I am now looking to adopt a bonded pair. My local rescue has a pair of 6 month old brothers and I would love to offer them a home but I have reservations about them both being male as I have learned the hard way that this often doesn't work out.
However, the rescue tells me that the boys have been together since birth, are both neutered and aside from occasional humping, they appear happy together.
Am I making a mistake keeping 2 boys together or does the fact that they've been together 6 months without problems mean it will be ok? I'd really like some advice please. Thank you

I'd be much more happy to adopt a single sex pair if they were related, you hear lots of accounts of siblings who have a long & happy bond. I'd go for it
It'll be lovely for you to have bunnies back in your life

I'd be much more happy to adopt a single sex pair if they were related, you hear lots of accounts of siblings who have a long & happy bond. I'd go for it
It'll be lovely for you to have bunnies back in your life

This :thumb: in the past I adopted a pair of brothers and they had a very close bond :love:

Hi,
After having a year without rabbits following the loss of my 2 in the space of a week I am now looking to adopt a bonded pair. My local rescue has a pair of 6 month old brothers and I would love to offer them a home but I have reservations about them both being male as I have learned the hard way that this often doesn't work out.
However, the rescue tells me that the boys have been together since birth, are both neutered and aside from occasional humping, they appear happy together.
Am I making a mistake keeping 2 boys together or does the fact that they've been together 6 months without problems mean it will be ok? I'd really like some advice please. Thank you

that s actually a great idea
they could for a really strong bond

Back