• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Much Do You Spend Monthly On Dried Forage?

Beapig

Mama Doe
I just spent £25 on dried forage. I haven't bought dried forage that much and am curious to know how much everyone spends on it monthly? I guess it varies depending on how many buns you have, and how much you spoil them ;)

I just spent £25 on dried forage. I haven't bought dried forage that much and am curious to know how much everyone spends on it monthly? I guess it varies depending on how many buns you have, and how much you spoil them ;)
Too scared to add it all up, think I'd rather not know tbh [emoji38]

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

I totally agree with Gracie. hahaha.

But every time we order its around £30 and I think we do an order most months. Eek. They are very spoilt though.

I swear they have a better diet than me. So much variety. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

then you can dry your own for next year. Proper foraging (ie plentiful supplies) I'd say is 2 months away up here though I think it generally looks much more hopeful in March. I really can't wait

FARRR too much :shock: but next year will be different!! Determined to dry and store enough of my own for next winter, which gives me more variety too.. Currently working on about £80-90 every 6 weeks. Would have been a lot easier to not go pellet free!!

What type of forage do people buy? X

I get as much variety as possible - currently dandelions, nettle, plantain, raspberry leaves, strawberry leaves, fruit tree leaves, mulberry leaves, mint, lemon balm, coltsfoot leaves and root, dandelion roots, coriander, dill, chamomile flowers, echinacea.

Thanks for this :)

Where do people get their forage? Galens garden or the hay experts? Would welcome recommendations as I’m about to buy a load!

Thanks for this :)

Where do people get their forage? Galens garden or the hay experts? Would welcome recommendations as I’m about to buy a load!
I've bought from both and the stuffs really nice. Also hop to forage is good, haybox forage is good, twig and nibble as well.. However since I ordered hay from that healthy herby place, I ordered some of their forage too, and by far this has been everyone's favourite. They all go nuts for it! [emoji38]

I'd definitely recommend the hop to forage hay bales topped with forage though, my lot love them [emoji7]

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Thanks Graciee- really helpful. I think I might buy the forage from healthy herby, for some reason I didn’t think of them even though I have their hay!

Dolly Anna- I’m likely to get a kilo worth.

Thanks Graciee- really helpful. I think I might buy the forage from healthy herby, for some reason I didn’t think of them even though I have their hay!

Dolly Anna- I’m likely to get a kilo worth.

Hmm, my supplier is no good for you then, can only get it in kilo bags of one thing minimum!

I saw recently that someone spends £350 a month on forage for I think it was 15 buns and some pigs...:shock:

Norfolk Feeds are recommended as come in big bags, apparently cheaper on nature’s grub website.

I saw recently that someone spends £350 a month on forage for I think it was 15 buns and some pigs...:shock:

Norfolk Feeds are recommended as come in big bags, apparently cheaper on nature’s grub website.

:shock:

Back