• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tethra :(

Omi

Wise Old Thumper
My precious boy died today with Tui by his side :cry: He would have been ten next week and had been getting more and more frail over the past few months. His mobility was particularly bad. My OH examined him thoroughly afterwards and sadly found a lump by his hip joint. This probably contributed to his death, although had I have found it (and I really should have done), I would not have opted for treatment :cry:

He was such a super rabbit and I have some wonderful memories of him. We adopted a Rex family (Mum, Dad and two boys) from Alice at Windwhistle Warren nine years ago this month, also in the snow. Tethra was the last remaining member of the family and I will miss him so much.

Sleep tight my lovely :love: I will remember your gentleness and also your greediness :love: It was such a wonderful privilege to care for you :love:

Oh Omi, I'm really sorry that Tethra has died. It is so sad when you loose them

Richard

Oh Omi, I'm so sorry to read this 😔

I hope you are able to take comfort from the fact that he had many wonderful years with you and his family, and then with Tui in his Autumn years.

Lots of hugs and nose rubs for Tui xx

I’m so very sorry :cry: thinking of you and Tui and sending hugs xx

Binky free Tethra xx

Oh I'm so so sorry Omi :( what a great long life he had with you x

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

If I were a bunny I'd want to live a life like your gorgeous, gentle boy had. Sweet dreams Tethra xx Many, many hugs for you Omi

If I were a bunny I'd want to live a life like your gorgeous, gentle boy had. Sweet dreams Tethra xx Many, many hugs for you Omi
Yea same, can't think of a better home to live as a bun, the menu sounds great too :)

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Really sorry that you have lost Tethra, but pleased to hear that Tui was by his side. What a wonderful loving home he had with you. Sweet dreams Tethra xx

I am so sorry to read this Omi. You were there for Tethra to give him that special moment. I’m really sorry he had to leave you but you gave him the very best most wonderful life he could have wished for.
Binkey free beautiful Tethra. Xx

I'm so sorry to hear this, Omi. :cry: I don't think any amount of years is ever enough with our wee ones but when they become frail in the end it feels like more time is robbed from them. :( I know Tethra had the best home with you and Tui and I hope you can draw on the fonder memories to ease the sadness. (((((((Huge hugs))))))) Thinking of you.

Sweet dreams, Tethra. xxxxx

Thanks everyone :love: I know you all know how hard this is :cry:

I must say I am completely in awe of Tui. It was obvious early this morning how things were with Tethra and she stayed with him in the shed, very often gently grooming him. She remained with him until a couple of hours after he died. Whilst it is emotional to watch, I'm hoping that he was aware enough to realise she was there with him.

Rabbits are such special creatures :love:

Oh Omi I’m so sorry Tethra had to leave you all :cry: what a bunderful life Tethra had with you. Sending lots of loves for you and Tui :cry: xx

Back