• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Choosing the right food

Okay. It’s really weird they have kept it on their own website like nothing has happened. I wonder why! [emoji24] It seems like a really good option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. It’s really weird they have kept it on their own website like nothing has happened. I wonder why! [emoji24] It seems like a really good option!

They didn't say why and I think its quite recent, I guess just haven't got round to removing it. They recommended their other food, however when I looked at the ingredients I was not impressed. [emoji24]

It feels like companies are shifting towards not revealing their ingredients until you have the product home - if you order online. :(

I love the little heart shapes so I feel extra disappointed [emoji28]

It feels like companies are shifting towards not revealing their ingredients until you have the product home - if you order online. :(

I love the little heart shapes so I feel extra disappointed [emoji28]

If you look on The Hay Experts website. They have ingredients lists for all the food they sell, which is quite a wide range.

Bless you, thank you! I recently bought their hay taster pack from there and most of the stuff has gone down pretty well!

Bless you, thank you! I recently bought their hay taster pack from there and most of the stuff has gone down pretty well!

Thats ok. Also I find my buns refuse to eat any new food! So don't get put off of they don't eat them at first. If I leave it, they will munch it eventually. I think the healthier the pellet the longer it takes to get them used to them.

Thats ok. Also I find my buns refuse to eat any new food! So don't get put off of they don't eat them at first. If I leave it, they will munch it eventually. I think the healthier the pellet the longer it takes to get them used to them.

Just like humans, the healthier it is, the less likely we are to eat it [emoji1787]

Oh, I’m always going to choose chocolate!

My one saving grace is that I’m content with drinking water [emoji23]

Fiba First is one of the greats :D I loved it and used it as treats (buns didn't know any better :lol:) but then P@H stopped stocking it (I used to spend my vouchers on it, I only really get my litter from there) and I don't do online shopping if I can avoid it XD So I had to move to hay cookies whch thankfully count as small animal food and my two find them tasty as well as enriching :)

The two main pellet foods, Excel and Science Select, are pretty good, or they wouldn't be used by so many people on here ;) I think quantity is most important followed by quality: too much of anything is always going to be bad, but a little of the right stuff (for your rabbits) gives peace of mind as you know they're getting the right things, regardless of what forage (or greens etc.) you're feeding them.

Fiba First is one of the greats :D I loved it and used it as treats (buns didn't know any better :lol:) but then P@H stopped stocking it (I used to spend my vouchers on it, I only really get my litter from there) and I don't do online shopping if I can avoid it XD So I had to move to hay cookies whch thankfully count as small animal food and my two find them tasty as well as enriching :)

The two main pellet foods, Excel and Science Select, are pretty good, or they wouldn't be used by so many people on here ;) I think quantity is most important followed by quality: too much of anything is always going to be bad, but a little of the right stuff (for your rabbits) gives peace of mind as you know they're getting the right things, regardless of what forage (or greens etc.) you're feeding them.

This is true and what I try to follow. I want good quality produce for my bunnies but even the best you can have too much of.

They are at a point were their nuggets are generally treats as I can give a decent amount of them unlike a piece of fruit or other form of treat. It really helps us bond a lot more which is amazing!

I think extruded holds more nutrients or something? idk, I know SS is extruded and its thought its better than cold pressed. how much if a difference it makes tho, I'm not sure. everybody just says extruded is best but I can't find out why apart from extra nutrients iirc, but then, I also wanna know how much of a different that actually makes :lol:

I actually use fibre first as a treat even tho it can be a pellet replacement. its a fairly healthy treat and easy to break up into small pieces.

Back