• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Colours expectations rew- black self

Floofbunny

Young Bun
Hi,
If you paired a black self to a Rew rabbit, what could you get?

The rew carrys opal,
the black self had siblings who were opal (I think) or blue, white (I think bew) and black otter.

I know self can't carry otter.
So that means he could carry Bew and opal/blue.

If you paired them - could the result have opal, bew (blue eyed white), black etc.?

Or could you not get opal at all?

Thanks, only hypothetical.
Just interested in some rabbits I know.

May I suggest that your question may require the specialized knowledge of a group of persons who breed for show quality animals. Show bunnies must conform to very exacting standards of perfection with disqualifications for the slightest 'fault'. Those that do not meet these standards and/or do not produce offspring who meet these standards are culled by the breeders (being sold as a pet is the best outcome for culls). I know this because the bunny on my avatar was a retired show bunny who became a cherished pet.

The forum is mainly rescue and encouragement of getting rescue rabbits. Not breeding as there are far to many in rescue needing homes

Hi,
If you paired a black self to a Rew rabbit, what could you get?

The rew carrys opal,
the black self had siblings who were opal (I think) or blue, white (I think bew) and black otter.

I know self can't carry otter.
So that means he could carry Bew and opal/blue.

If you paired them - could the result have opal, bew (blue eyed white), black etc.?

Or could you not get opal at all?

Thanks, only hypothetical.
Just interested in some rabbits I know.

Would depend on the genetics of each Rabbits predecessors going back 3 generations.

Back