• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny savvy vets in West Sussex?

Lomas0510

New Kit
Hi guys can any one point me in the right direction for a bunny savvy vet near West Sussex?
I have Been taking my 1 year old dwarf rabbit Storm to the same vet for 6months now as he had a small white spot develop in his eye. They gave me antibiotics which did nothing and others meds but said it was an ulcer and as it wasn’t causing him pain to leave it as it may go away on it’s own.
The white spot has grown and grown and even though he seems happy and has no other symptoms the spot looks like it could burst. I went back to the vet last week. They then said they have never seen anything like it before.
After getting a second opinion they have come back to say it’s e cuniculi and the lense is now ruptured so he has to have his eye removed at the cost of nearly £700. I am heartbroken for Storm as had they not told me to leave it I feel something may have been able to have been done. To now tell me the only option is eye removal is gutting. Obviously i will do what’s best for Storm but £700 seems a lot of money. Has anyone else paid this amount? And if anyone knows of a better vet my way I would rather go through them.
Many Thanks
Lomas0510

Back