• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Manor pet housing castles, what to choose?

This is our MPH set up as modeled by our bridge bun, Snowy. We have it laid out slightly differently now in a different room of the house. It was so worth the money, every part of it gets used daily and I love how you can move it all around so they don’t get bored.

f92a92f6b80b549781068fdc6e9353ad.jpg

7acf32e80587c0cd3f62fe5cfcac065a.jpg

We also have the dig box which they love, but we will be selling it as soon as covid allows because it just takes up so much space. We don’t use it often as here it is blocking our doorway [emoji38]

74e7a3b4c21910377f9aebac1b9cce13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any MPH as it has always seemed really expensive and I was worried they would just eat it like they gnaw their hutch - and it's not because they want to get out as the door has never been closed - it's just a base. Having said that I've seen Loobers MPH and looking at the photos on here it does look awesome. Both my buns are still young so pretty active.

If you do sell the digging box I would seriously be interested. I tried them with a covered cat litter tray to dig in but that wasn't very successful. The MPH digging box looks great. Although they are outside they are covered over so the box wouldn't get wet. I think they would love it and maybe I could add to it in time.

Oh thats very similar to what I'm thinking of getting. Perhaps with a longer bridge though. Do you get that bridge cusyom made? Its good to know they still love it.

The bridge and ramps are all MPH too. We just added carpet tiles on everything as Snowy used to slip around on the wood as she jumped and we were paranoid she'd hurt herself! :lol:
I think from memory they do different length bridges and ramps.

Thanks tulsi, she really was beautiful with a personality to match. We miss her every day :love:

I don't have any MPH as it has always seemed really expensive and I was worried they would just eat it like they gnaw their hutch - and it's not because they want to get out as the door has never been closed - it's just a base. Having said that I've seen Loobers MPH and looking at the photos on here it does look awesome. Both my buns are still young so pretty active.

If you do sell the digging box I would seriously be interested. I tried them with a covered cat litter tray to dig in but that wasn't very successful. The MPH digging box looks great. Although they are outside they are covered over so the box wouldn't get wet. I think they would love it and maybe I could add to it in time.

I've used MPH with 5 of our rabbits past and present and none of them have ever chewed it actually, apart from tiny experimental licks and nibbles when we first bought it. Britney chews other wooden things and Phillip and Whitney are massive cardboard chewers but they don't touch MPH for some reason!

Oh you would be doing us a huge favour if you do want to buy it especially as you're local, the only problem would be transporting it since it's as deep and tall as it is wide! It might just fit in OH's car with the seats down. It cost £125 new but we certainly won't be selling it for that much.

It's a lovely product but it certainly taught me a lesson for not measuring before buying! :lol: If we had room I'd keep it but with all their other MPH stuff it just takes over. It takes one of those under bed style boxes (we took it to use for their litter tray but they're cheap enough to buy) and the lid lifts off to check on them and clean it out.

I have just been compiling a huge wish list on their website! It all looks such good quality.

Ours only chew the doors when they want out.

I guess they dont really understand that they're confined so my friends toddler can't chase them, or that I'm worried they'll eat my shopping bags before I put them away lol.

Rodney occasionally grooms the cage but other than that it seems to weather really well.

I'd love some of the other stuff too but its chunky and because our cage is awkward and has to have an extra gate to get into under the stairs there's not as much room for hides etc.

I've wanted a digging box for ages but finding somewhere for it is impossible. I was tempted to see if they might do a dining table with bunny enrichment underneath like they do with the desk.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Oh you would be doing us a huge favour if you do want to buy it especially as you're local, the only problem would be transporting it since it's as deep and tall as it is wide! It might just fit in OH's car with the seats down. It cost £125 new but we certainly won't be selling it for that much.

It's a lovely product but it certainly taught me a lesson for not measuring before buying! :lol: If we had room I'd keep it but with all their other MPH stuff it just takes over. It takes one of those under bed style boxes (we took it to use for their litter tray but they're cheap enough to buy) and the lid lifts off to check on them and clean it out.

I've got a few under bed storage boxes as I use them for litter trays. I've got an elderly micra so it definitely wouldn't fit in that. A friend did have a car that it might fit in. Not sure if he still has it but I will check before lockdown ends (if it ever does).

Happy to buy it. It would be a good way for me to test if the buns do start chewing it. If they don't I can then start saving to buy something else for their enclosure.

I've got a few under bed storage boxes as I use them for litter trays. I've got an elderly micra so it definitely wouldn't fit in that. A friend did have a car that it might fit in. Not sure if he still has it but I will check before lockdown ends (if it ever does).

Happy to buy it. It would be a good way for me to test if the buns do start chewing it. If they don't I can then start saving to buy something else for their enclosure.

Perfect. I'll send you a PM once things are a bit more normal again - like you say whenever that might be!!

Perfect. I'll send you a PM once things are a bit more normal again - like you say whenever that might be!!

:D Thank you. My buns are still young so it would be a good time to get them something to use up their energy. They use their tunnel a lot. Both seem to love that and they spend a fair bit of time under the plastic stool squashed together. Have never seem them on top of it. I put some cardboard boxes joined together in their pen and they totally ignored them. I think a digging box would go down really well. Next time I speak to my friend I'll check if he still has the car. Can't remember when I last saw him. This lockdown is really horrid as the weather is mostly too awful for walks when I am not working.

Smudge did gnaw on ours a little bit but unless you look really hard you can’t really see it. The worse cosmetic damage on ours is from splatty poops which I’m sure will sand off with a little work.

I agree, it is huge! It is also slightly wider than it is deep which can make it awkward to put places sometimes as a couple of times I’ve wished the door was on the other side. I will be keeping mine for a while after Imogen goes in case I decide I can’t be without bunnies as it is so worth it for me for the way the hay stays put! We also have a hay bar which Imogen’s previous owner Mackers kindly gave us which is great but I find the hay does go walkies a lot easier with that. Currently I have it in a pen made up downstairs for Imogen to be with us during the day and I find I have to tidy downstairs a lot more than I do upstairs.

Keep them inside. Its lovely having buns inside. Well if you don't mine finding hay everywhere [emoji1787]

Another vote for the joys of indoor buns (and finding hay in strange places [emoji848])

And fur! How it gets in my dinner I'll never work out. [emoji1787]
Ha, this still happens with outdoor buns IME. We're not tidy people so it doens't matter, but that also means there isn't anywhere for bunnies! Plus having ALL THE HOUSE RENOVATIONS isn't going to work well. When the house is sorted maybe. But I've already said I'd get nothing done with the in the house, it's bad enough with them in another room I don't go in very often! I'm too busy for house rabbits XD I did say to the OH the plan from when we started renovating was to have the office bunny-safe for things like this by now :S

I had a look at the dimensions and it would JUST fit through the boot door of my Mk2 (2005) Corsa I reckon. Once inside it'd fit fine (this car will take 4 bales of hay if I really try). But the Micra IIRC is thinner so yeah, little chance it would :S

I just get one bale of hay at a time. Put it in the boot. Don't think I could fit four in even with the back seats down.

I just get one bale of hay at a time. Put it in the boot. Don't think I could fit four in even with the back seats down.
My back seats are a 2/3 fold, so I fold the bigger bit down and push one through there. I can't store more than one ATM. I can just squeeze two next to each other with both down, then one through one of the back doors (OMG a five-door has always been a must for me!) on the top, push it back as far as it'll go (preferably with someone pulling from the boot door) and the squeeze another one in there, or dump one on the passenger seat XD Three is my preferred maximum!

Ha, this still happens with outdoor buns IME. We're not tidy people so it doens't matter, but that also means there isn't anywhere for bunnies! Plus having ALL THE HOUSE RENOVATIONS isn't going to work well. When the house is sorted maybe. But I've already said I'd get nothing done with the in the house, it's bad enough with them in another room I don't go in very often! I'm too busy for house rabbits XD I did say to the OH the plan from when we started renovating was to have the office bunny-safe for things like this by now :S

I had a look at the dimensions and it would JUST fit through the boot door of my Mk2 (2005) Corsa I reckon. Once inside it'd fit fine (this car will take 4 bales of hay if I really try). But the Micra IIRC is thinner so yeah, little chance it would :S

Oh in that case it should be fine then as I have a Corsa too and OH’s car is slightly bigger [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just about to order and showed my partner. [emoji1787] whoops now the castle has expanded, need to wait to hear if we can custom make something before I complete the order.

Spoilt buns alert!!! Typical when I had to convince him to get the buns in the first place, and he's the one who always spoils them more. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

:lol: Sounds very exciting, I can't wait to see your set up when it arrives. Archie and Pip will love it :D

Aww I can't wait to see pics of their new set up. My two have the bunny manor and they love it.

I have to warn you though, it's an agonisingly long wait for delivery!

I'm super excited! Why is ordering bun stuff so much fun. I get so excited when a new batch of hay or forage arrives in the post. Maybe its because the buns dance around me like furry piranhas! [emoji1787]

I don't mind waiting. It will be worth it

Back