• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Manor pet housing castles, what to choose?

Mervinius

Mama Doe
I'm thinking of upgrading Archie and Pip's house to a castle or something similar from MPH. However there is so much choice I cant decide [emoji1787].

I think some of you have castles or houses from them. Do they actually play much in them and on the bridges etc or do they just sit in the castle bit?

If you have any pictures of your set up that might inspire me that would be super too.

They currently have a bark covered house which they do sleep in, but only when they want quiet time. They love to sit on top on their royal cushion. They spend most of their time sleeping on the stairs though. [emoji2957]

I like the basic burrows and the castles. I think the other items will be too big.

They also have a large cardboard maze from hop to forage. Which they have enjoyed reshaping, however it takes up alot of room and I think they'd prefer more space for their Nethie zoomies.

Help me choose
d1345866b201111c596a28810d681d23.jpg

I haven’t had any MPH stuff so I can’t advise specifically, but I can say that Frosty, my bridge nethie bunny used to love jumping from one tower to another of the cat activity centre. Frosty removed the rope and fleece hammock between them, and Fern also moves the upside down box I put between them to help, so I figured they decided they didn’t want or need anything between the towers! So if there’s anything similar from MPH I’m sure they would love it

UoyNe1e.jpg

ETA pic. The green box gets moved if I try to put it there :lol:

I would be lying if I said it wasn’t worth every penny. The buns have so much fun climbing and jumping on and off. We have the full train set including digging tray and two castles. I can only imagine the fun you’re two would have. It’s extremely sturdy too so great for nibblers

ab495b544d89bc693e2625619b80ba84.jpg

Hi!

So I have MPH’s Manor House and their dig box (and a few other bits and bobs). Honestly, my two mostly just use the manor as a place to sleep and hide in. They seldom venture on the other levels, only if I put food up there. Never see them spend any time in the upper house.

100% don’t jump on the top level, even with the play table removed.

As for the dig box, one of them likes to use it as a place to hide, I think the other is weary of the ramp down so I don’t think he’s taken the plunge into it fully. Had a scare yesterday with him as my little Ivy was sleeping in there and he wanted to be with her but didn’t know how to get in, so tried to squeeze through the heart shaped window but his butt was too big. [emoji2356] He’s fine! And that’s only the problem with the digbox - no chance it’d happen with the manor or other castle like buildings.

Not trying to steer service away from MPH by any means, the builds are damn solid and will last years to come. However, if you aren’t sure...there are companies like J&S Woodhobby on IG and FB who do some cheaper but similar things. The wood looks to be thinner (haven’t got anything off them yet, ordered something though) but seen many good reviews.

Or there is Animal Adventure Pods on Etsy who do some really unique things like pirate ships and campervans. I do have the pirate ship and adore it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archie and Pip love to be up high. The higher the better, so I know they sit on top of the castles. I had thought about the digging box, but I think they'd be wary of going in there due to there only being one hole. Plus when I gave them a tray of soil. They looked at me, as if to say.....why would I get my paws muddy Mummy. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] I put treats in there and they stretched over the top to reach them. I recon theyd like it too Loobers.

Thanks for other company recommendations I'll take a look.

I have tried to help the buns before and they moved stuff out the way, they obviously don't need that green box. [emoji2960]

Archie and Pip love to be up high. The higher the better, so I know they sit on top of the castles. I had thought about the digging box, but I think they'd be wary of going in there due to there only being one hole. Plus when I gave them a tray of soil. They looked at me, as if to say.....why would I get my paws muddy Mummy. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] I put treats in there and they stretched over the top to reach them. I recon theyd like it too Loobers.

I have tried to help the buns before and they moved stuff out the way, they obviously don't need that green box. [emoji2960]

I intend to get some play sand to put in there maybe, I’m not sure what yet. Admittedly I did start off with ball pit balls for whatever reason but they were not having that at all. They are mostly chewers so I can see them not being interested which is a shame!

Mine might be more bouncy in time, they aren’t very confident at the minute. I put in one of those green plastic warren tunnel thingies yesterday and Leafy absolutely freaked out because it moved when he touched it. Into hiding he went. [emoji23]

The manor must be nearly 75cm high? So if you bunnies like heights and jumping they might love something like that! It’s surprising how big MPH’s stuff is, even when our do the measurements you’re still somehow surprised when they arrive!

Should note Ivy is a Nethie Dwarfy and Leafy is a mashed up of everything but still dwarf sized [emoji23]

:lol: yes Frosty used to like being high up. He was usually on top of the boxes rather than inside. And he loved to bounce from the top of one to the top of the other. I’m sure they would love anything like that:love:

Ooo I am loving all this first hand *paw* mph info. In a month or so I will be making an order. Cant wait!

We do have a mph hay rack that i got them last year, which they absolutely love. Its a free standing one and they like to sit on top of it.

75cm certainly won't bother them, they love being on the back of the sofa and surveying their domain. [emoji1787].

I'm certain we want something, just can't decide what. I think there's too much choice and I do like to spoil the rascals

I have the dig box too although I very quickly repurposed it to house their litter tray. They used it as a dig box once or twice, then just as a loo :roll: It works really well to keep the hay contained.

Smudge did manage to get through the little heart shaped window a couple of times. This was after he'd lost a lot of weight from the cancer though. It did panic me a bit but then he stopped. Mine would regularly jump on it as well. Smudge used to jump up, then try to climb up my leg and beg for crunchies. Imogen doesn't anymore sadly, think she's decided she's too old for that kind of monkey business now.

The MPH stuff is incredibly well built. The dig box easily holds my weight.

I have the dig box too although I very quickly repurposed it to house their litter tray. They used it as a dig box once or twice, then just as a loo :roll: It works really well to keep the hay contained.

Smudge did manage to get through the little heart shaped window a couple of times. This was after he'd lost a lot of weight from the cancer though. It did panic me a bit but then he stopped. Mine would regularly jump on it as well. Smudge used to jump up, then try to climb up my leg and beg for crunchies. Imogen doesn't anymore sadly, think she's decided she's too old for that kind of monkey business now.

The MPH stuff is incredibly well built. The dig box easily holds my weight.

Ivy is currently sleeping in the dig box. It has blankets in the tray from the rescue they can from so it’s like home comforts. I don’t want to be cruel but I might take the tray out, or at least the blankets so they can both have at them. It feels a shame to not have them both sleeping together, particularly as Leafy really wants to be with her but doesn’t have the confidence to go down the ramp to her.

75cm certainly won't bother them, they love being on the back of the sofa and surveying their domain. [emoji1787].
I'll never know how Charlie managed to stay 'contained' behind some benches when we kept him inside to dry his bum off after his bum wash! They can't have been more than 30cm XD Apathy, it can only be apathy!

I would certainly be happy with the MPH range of anything because I've heard so much good stuff especialy about durability. Mine love levels as well, and a cat tree, and their windowsill is 50-75cm off the floor which is an easy jump for my big bunnies, so the MPH stuff would suit them fine :D Should this indoor thing become permanent (it better not in the short term! :lol:) :D

I'll never know how Charlie managed to stay 'contained' behind some benches when we kept him inside to dry his bum off after his bum wash! They can't have been more than 30cm XD Apathy, it can only be apathy!

I would certainly be happy with the MPH range of anything because I've heard so much good stuff especialy about durability. Mine love levels as well, and a cat tree, and their windowsill is 50-75cm off the floor which is an easy jump for my big bunnies, so the MPH stuff would suit them fine :D Should this indoor thing become permanent (it better not in the short term! [emoji38]) :D
Keep them inside. Its lovely having buns inside. Well if you don't mine finding hay everywhere [emoji1787]

This is our MPH set up as modeled by our bridge bun, Snowy. We have it laid out slightly differently now in a different room of the house. It was so worth the money, every part of it gets used daily and I love how you can move it all around so they don’t get bored.

f92a92f6b80b549781068fdc6e9353ad.jpg

7acf32e80587c0cd3f62fe5cfcac065a.jpg

We also have the dig box which they love, but we will be selling it as soon as covid allows because it just takes up so much space. We don’t use it often as here it is blocking our doorway [emoji38]

74e7a3b4c21910377f9aebac1b9cce13.jpg

Keep them inside. Its lovely having buns inside. Well if you don't mine finding hay everywhere [emoji1787]
Another vote for the joys of indoor buns (and finding hay in strange places [emoji848])

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

What a superb setup you have.
And so clean and tidy!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

It looks that tidy for approximately 10 minutes after I have hoovered and cleaned, then it's down hill from there :lol:
I won't show you the current state of the floor :lol:

This is our MPH set up as modeled by our bridge bun, Snowy. We have it laid out slightly differently now in a different room of the house. It was so worth the money, every part of it gets used daily and I love how you can move it all around so they don’t get bored.

f92a92f6b80b549781068fdc6e9353ad.jpg

7acf32e80587c0cd3f62fe5cfcac065a.jpg

We also have the dig box which they love, but we will be selling it as soon as covid allows because it just takes up so much space. We don’t use it often as here it is blocking our doorway [emoji38]

74e7a3b4c21910377f9aebac1b9cce13.jpg

Oh thats very similar to what I'm thinking of getting. Perhaps with a longer bridge though. Do you get that bridge cusyom made? Its good to know they still love it.

Back