• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit behaviour, Health and Care book by Emiie Buseth/Richard Saunders

dollyanna

Alpha Buck
A friend sent me a PDF version of this book that she found on a website that give you access to loads of science based books online free of charge. At initial glance it looks really good, interesting, and more than the standard info - the co-author is (or was at the time) veterinary adviser to RWAF and is responsible for bringing the English version into being.
Just wondered if anyone had read it? Going to take me a while to get through it as it's online, but if it continues to be as good as it looks I might just buy it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rabbit-Behaviour-Health-Emilie-Buseth/dp/1780641907

I've managed to download it and skim read, it really does seem a good book, with all sorts of useful info including things like training, which is very up to date and ethical (always my marker!!). I find it interesting that countries like Norway and Germany seem to be so much more advanced in terms of rabbit care than the UK. Just wish I could access more of it more easily!

I've managed to download it and skim read, it really does seem a good book, with all sorts of useful info including things like training, which is very up to date and ethical (always my marker!!). I find it interesting that countries like Norway and Germany seem to be so much more advanced in terms of rabbit care than the UK. Just wish I could access more of it more easily!

I love ‘proper’ books. Reading is a challenge now with only one functional eye, but books seem to be easier than computer screens x

I love ‘proper’ books. Reading is a challenge now with only one functional eye, but books seem to be easier than computer screens x

Culdn't agree more, I hate screen reading, just trying not to spend more money this month and between all the animals' feedand medical bills next week's credit card is going to be horrendous!
I'd happily buy this in a month or two though, having had chance to look at it - I'd have hesitated if I hadn't been able to see it in advance.

anybody got a link to the free pdf?

I'm not sure how I could share it, my friend sent it via dropbox, I could try and forward it to you via that if I can work out how. I have the pdf downloaded on my computer so if there is a way to send you it I would happily do so.
Or I can try and send you the link to the place she got it from in the first place, not looked at it yet.

Since we're talking about rabbit books, I'd also really recommend Behavioural Problems in Rabbits: A Clinical Approach by Guen Bradbury. It's a bit pricey, but it talks about rabbit behaviour in a much more in-depth way than I've seen in any other rabbit book. It's backed up by research and by looking at wild rabbits' behaviour, and it's really good, I think.

Ooh thank you, their behaviour fascinates me and it's not easy to find info that goes beyond the basics!

Back