• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it me?

Or is Blossom starting to look butch in the shoulders?

I'm wondering if all those weeks of having a bit more than her share hasn't been great for her!

I'm not brave enough to try the scales today as they weigh me too [emoji19]
31b00ff80923eac481dcdd146a781f82.jpg
56281a54bb55d6ac16c47830b127087d.jpg
fa8b4af0dfc0bf950c7a5d0b578a58f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

That's a good point I've not had a bun with colouring or fur like hers before.

I asked the rescue and they said they thought Nethie/Mini Rex cross but she's definitely not got rex fur.

It was very coarse when she arrived although much softer and thicker now.

Her fur has bands of colour black near the skin then grey then a ring of white and then the grey again.

She's got the moult lines at the bottom of her bum now that I've peered down [emoji23]

Awwwwwwww. She looks lovely (not that you didnt know that)! Nethie x rex. Thats what I thought Dusty may be. Now she is overweight.

Blossom looks fine to me.

Last edited:
Haha it's funny Blossom is always after pets as well. Only the forehead and cheeks though!

Growling if I try anywhere else! And poor poor hubby who gets lunged at when he accidentally brushes an ear.

Thanks guys I'm a bit paranoid as I know I'm a feeder of humans and pets and find it hard to resist all the begging!

Stick her in a shoebox and put both on some kitchen scales, if you haven't got baby scales. If she looks scared just place your hand in front of her eyes. It should be long enough to register a weight.

To me it looks like muscle ;)

I think she is big boned :wave: I agree, try Omi’s suggestion, if not, weigh the carrier and then weigh her in the carrier.

What would her condition score be? The one thing I have realised with rabbits is that they are very difficult to judge by sight alone!

I would say maybe a 3 but learning towards a 4 looking down from above, but her belly is still very trim and definitely a 3.

Our scales won't register the carrier and bunny alone unfortunately I think it must just have some sort of minimum or they're just being tetchy as they're not always the best.

I shall just try and make sure there's plenty of running and I only have them on 20g of nuggets to share.

Annoyingly I can't find the paperwork with her weight on from the vets. I'll give them a call and find out what she was.

Back