• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She’s on her way....

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Flo has just left the rescue centre. Half an hour before the fun starts.....
Updates AND hot new photos once we get going.

Well, things not off to a flyer.
Leo is presently thumping for England despite not having a good look at flo. He’s walloping away like a good un.
Flo’s had a stompy session too and she is quite the petite bunny. She’s much smaller than we thought - probably Leo size. She’s definitely lost all confidence and will take a lot of gentle work to get her to feel settled for sure.
She’s had a good old explore of her area but once the blue cross lady left she was very much withdrawn.
Will let her settle for now. It would be great to let her out in the garden as it’s a gorgeous day here but it’ll be too much for her. Sadly there’s a huge amount of snow on the way and we’re going to get a big dumping of snow on Sunday and Monday. That’s going to be interesting.
Will take photos later and post.
Craig.

How exciting! I would let her settle for a week or so before letting her in the garden as she may hide if she is scared and you don't want to have to chase her as they can usually out-dodge us humans and think it's fun!

Aw, poor loves. Sending calming vibes for both Leo and Flo. Really hoping they both settle down and feel more comfortable soon. xxxxx

Glad she home now Craig, and its early days, big changes for both of them. Hang in there, I'm sure it will all come good for you and for them xx

Oh Dear, I hope both Leo and Flo settle down as they get used to the new environment

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Well, things not off to a flyer.
Leo is presently thumping for England despite not having a good look at flo. He’s walloping away like a good un.
Flo’s had a stompy session too and she is quite the petite bunny. She’s much smaller than we thought - probably Leo size. She’s definitely lost all confidence and will take a lot of gentle work to get her to feel settled for sure.
She’s had a good old explore of her area but once the blue cross lady left she was very much withdrawn.
Will let her settle for now. It would be great to let her out in the garden as it’s a gorgeous day here but it’ll be too much for her. Sadly there’s a huge amount of snow on the way and we’re going to get a big dumping of snow on Sunday and Monday. That’s going to be interesting.
Will take photos later and post.
Craig.

sounds like you're gonna have your hands full over the next few days!
i'm sure things will turn out good :thumb:

I'm glad she arrived safely and I'm sure she will settle in soon.

I wouldn't worry about Leo thumping. When I first bonded Snoopy and Fudgie, Snoopy thumped incessantly for the first couple of days and he never usually thumps! It turned out to be a pretty straightforward bond in the end despite Snoopy's grumpiness.

Thanks everybun. I’ll post some photos later.
Flo is going to be on the rwsa cause she already sploofing away in the kitchen. She’s very relaxed and chilled as long as we aren’t near her.
Somethings not quite adding up tho. She is extremely wary of any human interaction and whilst this is natural behaviour, she is way more wary than any bun I’ve ever had.
Will update later but she has made herself quite settled and comfortable at the moment.

Somethings not quite adding up tho. She is extremely wary of any human interaction and whilst this is natural behaviour, she is way more wary than any bun I’ve ever had.

Britney and Whitney were timid and petrified when we rescued them. Nothing like any other rabbits we’d had before. Wouldn’t let us near them, it was horrible and we felt so awful for them. They learnt to trust us though and now a year later we can stroke them a little, hand feed them and can pick them up if needed.

She’ll get there Craig and she’s going to get the best home with you all. Look forward to seeing some photos when she’s up to it :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everybun. I’ll post some photos later.
Flo is going to be on the rwsa cause she already sploofing away in the kitchen. She’s very relaxed and chilled as long as we aren’t near her.
Will update later but she has made herself quite settled and comfortable at the moment.

i think sploofing is a good sign. ime only relaxed rabbits sploof.
i'm sure she will become more trusting in time :love:

Britney and Whitney were timid and petrified when we rescued them. Nothing like any other rabbits we’d had before. Wouldn’t let us near them, it was horrible and we felt so awful for them. They learnt to trust us though and now a year later we can stroke them a little, hand feed them and can pick them up if needed.

She’ll get there Craig and she’s going to get the best home with you all. Look forward to seeing some photos when she’s up to it :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think sploofing is a good sign. ime only relaxed rabbits sploof.
i'm sure she will become more trusting in time :love:

I agree with nap91 and mikek too, I’m sure she will, in time, learn to trust you, with patience and allowing her to come to you :love:

Well, I didn’t have a great nights sleep - and I suspect we’ve all been there.
It may seem an odd observation but we both thought flo looked tired last night. At 10:30pm she lay down in the kitchen and her little eyes slammed shut. She’s got a mound of bum boulders in the toilet area all ready and that’s after half a day. And blimey can she tuck food away. We both thought that yesterday was a highly stimulating day for her with many huge changes so she may have been running on excited energy. We think it would be lights out about 6pm at the rescue so all of those factors combined to make her behave as she did.
This morning we came down stairs and to be honest I didn’t know what to expect. I thought one of the boxes would have gone! So I was hugely surprised when we slowly walked into the kitchen and there’s no sign of her.
Oh, she did try to dig her way out of the kitchen/diner last night too. And it’s a stone tiled floor!!
So, there’s no sign of her. “God” I thought. Where the hell has she gone behind.
Then she bounced out of the toilet/hay cage with a big stalk of oat hay.
We put some fresh food down- some greens and she was straight on that AND was quite happy to allow my wife to give her gentle nose and head strokes without any boxing or resistance.
We think she’s had a good long comfortable sleep. We do have noise overnight from cars and trains but it’s not quite the same level of noise she may have had at the rescue. So maybe she is slowly tuning in to the new surroundings.
Will update later. I’m hungry and I need my morning sugar fix of Frosties and orange juice but not in the same bowl.

It sounds like Flo had a good night, even if you didn't. I hope she continues to settle as she gets used to her new environment
Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Sounds very positive Craig ! That must have been scary walking in and not seeing her, but pooping and eating all good signs. Enjoy your breakfast :D

Back