• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New family member...

She did lickings and a chin rub this morning:love::love:

(Which is somewhat nicer than Skunk, who bit me for my trouble at suppertime:roll:

She is beautiful! :love: Well done Bunny Buddy, another neglected bun saved from free-ads and ready for the good life! It always makes me so happy when I hear rescue stories like these.

The bunny who has spent the last c10 months known as Benjamin is indeed female. :love:

She had her Filavac yesterday. Vet said she looks really healthy considering. She is currently 3.2kg but is a large rabbit anyway somewhere between 2.5kg and 3kg would be better... probably around 2.8kg, so not desperately overweight.

She is so unbelievably friendly and confident. It's weird how in the first 24 hours I got the impression that she was very inactive - she just sat in the hay filled litter tray, she didn't seem scared particularly but just sat there. I knew she was more active when I wasn't around because of the poop fest and hay spread all over the place. She was living in a 4ft x 18x18 hutch so it is possible she wasn't very active in that because especially by the time you factor in the divider there's not a lot of room for a large rabbit to be active:cry: I was told she went in the house "to stretch her legs" but given the kid had got bored of her it's difficult to know how often that happened recently.

There's been a few times when I've been fiddling about in her vicinity after she's had a fuss and she does a thump and a moany noise - my most attention seeking bunnies have done that. Honestly, she is so like Dinky in personality. I am so torn on what to call her.

Last edited:
Well she's been here just a few hours short of a week and she is so, so adorable.

When I go to see her and feed her she doesn't rush off to the food like most rabbits, she sits and takes up the offer of a fuss for as long as it lasts. Yesterday she did some very attention seeking dashing around, she's so funny. How anyone could get bored of her or not want to keep her close is way beyond me but hey ho.

I have provisionally settled on the name 'Faith'... it's not 100% until I get round to putting it on an insurance policy and in the past even that hasn't made me stick to a name.

She loves the nana chips in her luxury top quality muesli (which smells fantastic and if you didn't know it was bad for rabbits it would be a top of the range choice). She is leaving the peanuts and pellets out of it, I'm guessing they got binned previously and then a top up. I have started swapping her over in the last few days but I think I will dig out the nana chips for her when I bin the muesli!!

She sounds very lovely :love: Faith is a good name for these times I muse :)

I'm so happy for you :love:

Aww, she sounds wonderful, and Faith is a lovely name. :love: Saving the banana chips for her when you get rid of the food sounds like a great idea since she loves those. :D

Lopsy was like this when he arrived, would eat food and be stroked :love: He'll still do it now but inevitably somebun else comes along and tries to steal his food :lol: She sounds an absolute darling :D And yeah, banana chippy treats sound like a must :D

Could the muesli be used as bird food, I wonder?

Back