• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New family member...

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
So following on from helpful discussion about whether or not lockdown and collecting pets was compatible...

I found a bunny locally who was "free to good home".. or just any home in fact... So I went to get her this morning. She is from Laneshawe Bridge, where I used to get my hay so no getting lost on this one!

Bunny was described as gender unknown, friendly, one year old.

Fuller story: on fruity mix muesli (prob about 5% fibre), "Benjamin" is definitely a "she", for me the dewlap on the photo was a good indication but there may be an issue of being a bit on the chunky side also. Usual story, child got bored. She hasn't had any vaccinations as the owners didn't know they were needed, she doesn't go anywhere anyway:?.. but the dogs are vaccinated. :shock:

Photos later as I'm starving but she's kind of like Mouseypie but with a black splodge on her face. .. she's calm and not timid. love her already :love:

Benjamina?:lol:

Haven't decided yet.
Seconding Benjamina :D Little Bennie :D Hope she settles well!

Having said that, Lopsy was a 'girl' with a sizeable dewlap but turns out he was just a chunky boy :lol: But when thevet looked at his bits even I could see they were definitely plums :lol:

I'll never forget how certain I was that Mimzy was female till the vet had a good feel and announced the opposite. :shock: His neuter site had me baffled as to how I could've missed the, erm...evidence. :?

I thought Benji might be a nice nickname...feels kinda gender neutral. :D But this bunny has fallen on his/her feet no matter what. :) Congrats on your new family member! :love: xxxxx

:lol: when I went to meet Pickle goat, I had a double check as she’s got a very impressive beard, for a girl!

Oh my, she is gorgeous :love: How's she settling in?

Last night and at breakfast visit she seemed very quiet, she hadn't eaten all her muesli over night but had had a poop-fest! So I will presume she is eating lots of hay. I was a bit worried about how disengaged she seemed (she is under quarantine in Mum's empty house next door). I assembled a better cage for her this morning and after a while she got quite nosey and even climbed over me to see what I was doing. I think she will be quite a character when she has decided to trust me.

It is heartbreaking how little the previous owner knew of her needs, it's good though that they re-homed her. She said she told her son either he took care of the rabbit would it would be re-homed as she was too busy...

Last edited:
Back