• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pepper at vets again :(

mikek

Warren Veteran
took him vets 7pm last night as under the weather, cold, able to be handled (not a good sign at all). thought he might be ok this morning but the same. took him back to vets 09:00 and they examined & admitted him.
5 mins after i got home they called & said dangerously high glucose & severe bloated stomach. prognosis not good without immediate operation. she said operating wouldn't be a futile attempt and wouldn't be against his best interests - if not operated on best course was PTS so i said go ahead and operate.

:shock:

Oh mike. I’m really really sorry to read this post.
Firstly huge hugs to you and well done for spotting peppers ailment so quickly and getting him to the vets even quicker. I know your own stress levels must have gone crazy and it makes you feel all upset and scared. But your swift intervention is testament to how good a bun dad you are.
I hope the operation was successful and that they found out what was the cause for peppers symptoms and I hope pepper is recovering this morning.
Sending millions and millions of vibes for pepper and huge hugs to you.
Craig xx

thank you Craig. he's having the op rn i think.
all so sudden. i thought he would be improved this morning. although the vets were concerned this morning & admitted him but that was it. the op thing came out of the blue - a phonecall literally 5 mins afetr i got back from the vets - about 1/2 hr ago.
i hate all this worry. won't be able to do anything but sit here worrying.

Oh Mike I'm so so sorry to read this :( Millions of vibes for Pepper. I hope the operation is successful.

Here's adding to the vibes, hoping Pepper comes through the operation without any problems
Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Sending loads of vibes.

Both Elijah and Barnaby have had two surgical blockages and survived both. Olly, Skunk and Joel and Gilbert here are also blockage surgery survivors (probably more of them if I really stretch my mind).

PS In my experience it's normally been about two hours between being told they are going into surgery and the phone call with an update. ... it gets excruciating after about an hour!

Last edited:
So sorry Mike, only just caught this thread. Sending a million vibes for your boy, well done on getting him quick attention. Big hugs for you xx

Back