Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squeaky yawning?

Default Squeaky yawning?

Earlier, Sophie yawned and this long, high-pitched noise came out of her. Should I be worried? Could she have hurt herself while doing the stretch-and-yawn thing? She seems completely fine, and didn't understand why I was making a big deal out of it.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Mine have done that before! Idk the answer tho

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Mine have done that before! Idk the answer tho
    Oh, yours have done that, too! Maybe it's a normal thing, then? It really startled me! I thought something was really wrong, but when I looked over Sophie was just yawning and looking sleepy.

Sending vibes Sophie is fine.I would just monitor .

Quote Originally Posted by a reader of books View Post
    Oh, yours have done that, too! Maybe it's a normal thing, then? It really startled me! I thought something was really wrong, but when I looked over Sophie was just yawning and looking sleepy.
    Honestly have no idea! But it's definitely happened here and I've always just monitored I'd keep an eye and make sure she doesn't seem uncomfortable at all etc as I know you said she has arthritis. Hope she's okay x

Sophie may just have taken in some air through her mouth when yawning which caused a squeaky noise. I would just keep an eye on her, as you always do

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

I've never heard this or heard of this. I'm glad she is fine of course, must have been a bit of a shock for you.
    i've been meaning to ask if she still overgrooms her dewlap?

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Sending vibes Sophie is fine.I would just monitor .
    Thank you, bunny momma.

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Honestly have no idea! But it's definitely happened here and I've always just monitored I'd keep an eye and make sure she doesn't seem uncomfortable at all etc as I know you said she has arthritis. Hope she's okay x
    Thank you for hoping she's okay. It hasn't happened since that one time and she doesn't seem to be in pain or uncomfortable, so I think she's fine?

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Sophie may just have taken in some air through her mouth when yawning which caused a squeaky noise. I would just keep an eye on her, as you always do
    Ooh, I see! That would explain it. If it's that, it doesn't sound like something I need to worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I've never heard this or heard of this. I'm glad she is fine of course, must have been a bit of a shock for you.
    i've been meaning to ask if she still overgrooms her dewlap?
    Thank you. It was a bit of a shock, yes! That's really kind of you to ask about her overgrooming. I've only seen her do it once since I cleaned her scent glands, two days ago, so I checked them again and they were clean, so I raised her metacam dosage a bit (the vet said I should try some different dosages to find the right one), thinking it might be pain, and I haven't seen her do it again since then. So, she's been doing really well.

Quote Originally Posted by a reader of books View Post
    Thank you, bunny momma.

Thank you for hoping she's okay. It hasn't happened since that one time and she doesn't seem to be in pain or uncomfortable, so I think she's fine?

Ooh, I see! That would explain it. If it's that, it doesn't sound like something I need to worry about?

Thank you. It was a bit of a shock, yes! That's really kind of you to ask about her overgrooming. I've only seen her do it once since I cleaned her scent glands, two days ago, so I checked them again and they were clean, so I raised her metacam dosage a bit (the vet said I should try some different dosages to find the right one), thinking it might be pain, and I haven't seen her do it again since then. So, she's been doing really well.

brilliant. You make a good team (you & your bunnies)

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    [/B]

brilliant. You make a good team (you & your bunnies)
    Aw, thank you for saying that.