• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pepper at vets again :(

It brings joy to my heart to hear your lovely boy is continuing to improve.
It amazes me that Tulip is resistent to going home at night without Pepper to keep her company. He must give her a lot of comfort ,especially at night.
Sending you all lots of positive thoughts.

the vet was very pleased with him :)
she said the wound from his op was healing well and his overall status was good :) he doesn't need to have any further check-ups unless something gives cause for concern :thumb:

he was 1.56kg 8 days ago. he is now 1.4kg, but 'only to be expected'.

he is due vaccinations but she said to wait 2 or 3 weeks as he has been very poorly

she agreed that while it's so cold outside, he is still recovering & he is due vaccinations the best plan is to keep him inside for another week or so. depending on the weather he may need a source of warmth in his accommodation.

panic nearly over :)

the vet was very pleased with him :)
she said the wound from his op was healing well and his overall status was good :) he doesn't need to have any further check-ups unless something gives cause for concern :thumb:

he was 1.56kg 8 days ago. he is now 1.4kg, but 'only to be expected'.

he is due vaccinations but she said to wait 2 or 3 weeks as he has been very poorly

she agreed that while it's so cold outside, he is still recovering & he is due vaccinations the best plan is to keep him inside for another week or so. depending on the weather he may need a source of warmth in his accommodation.

panic nearly over :)

Such good news :love:

sorry i missed your posts Craig & Bummy Momma.

I can't believe it. Pepper's at the vets again, same issue - bloated hard stomach & very high blood glucose (18 iirc).
I've said to them to do whatever they can short of surgery as I don't think that's a realistic option.
I've got a feeling that even if not this time that this problem is going to do him in at some point in the future. He's only just 3 years old :(

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear he's ill again, Mike. :( Poor little Pepper... Sending him so many vibes. It's so sad that he keeps being ill like this. :(

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear he's ill again, Mike. :( Poor little Pepper... Sending him so many vibes. It's so sad that he keeps being ill like this. :(

thank you.

he is such a dear little boy. doesn't deserve this and i hate to think if his last hours are at the vet's rather than where he loves to be.

he was fine yesterday during the day but thought he may have been a little off colour when i put them in their shed for te night.
this morning i could see no pellets eaten from last night & very subdued.

thank you.

he is such a dear little boy. doesn't deserve this and i hate to think if his last hours are at the vet's rather than where he loves to be.

he was fine yesterday during the day but thought he may have been a little off colour when i put them in their shed for te night.
this morning i could see no pellets eaten from last night & very subdued.
You're so right that he doesn't deserve this. :( I hope he'll be back home with you soon, feeling better. Right now he's at the right place, where they can care for him best, but I hope he can come home soon.

Back