• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leos Gotcha day

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
It's a bit late in the day, but I've been asked by Leo to make a post to say to everybun that today is Leo's one year gotcha day.
It's been quite the journey for little Leo, rescuing him so soon after the sudden and tragic loss of Lillians hus-bun Henry. Leo would never fill those nethie shoes but his journey to us was none the less challenging.
Leo had been a solo bun for all his life and for reasons we don't fully know, his family no longer felt able to give him the time and we found him wanting a home and felt that he would be a good companion to Lillian.
After a month of anxious introductions and some frustration by Leo, we finally found Lillian and Leo settled. Leo forgot all about his football skills and waived goodbye to his batchelorhood and snuggled up to Lillian and became an indoor bun.
he has been very much a lost bunny since we lost Lillian a month ago and his llife is about to change again tomorrow when we adopt Flo. We have made some major changes to our living arrangements (and Leos) and it'll be that way for at least the next 6 weeks.
We never thought that exactly one year after adoption Leo, we would be adopting a new bunny to fill the huge gap in our hearts that Lillian took when she left us, but we will do our very best for Flo and hopefully she and Leo will be settled by easter.
But for now, Leo is having a celebratory parsley crunchie and he has his forage mat to look forward to before bed tonight.
Craig x

Can't believe its been a year ! I remember Leos arrival so well, it was lovely to see him racing round your garden in the videos. I bet if Leo could talk, he would tell you how much he's enjoyed his first year, and say a big thank you for giving him such a lovely forever home with you and Jan xx

Can't believe its been a year ! I remember Leos arrival so well, it was lovely to see him racing round your garden in the videos. I bet if Leo could talk, he would tell you how much he's enjoyed his first year, and say a big thank you for giving him such a lovely forever home with you and Jan xx

Thank you PM. That’s such a heartwarming thing to say. Thank you so much. Xx

Have a great day Leo, I hope you spend mnay more happy years with Craig and family, and the impending Flo too :)

A very happy Gotcha Day to Leo! :love: It's really amazing how these wee souls settle in and become so much a part of your life that it feels like they've always been there. :)

Best wishes that he and Flo will find comfort and happiness with one another with lovely Lillian and Henry smiling upon them in blessing. :love: There’s no doubt they have the best home with you, Craig. :thumb:

Back