• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Selfheating mat meets approval!!

For what it's worth, I use paper parcel tape, not plastic, that way if they pick at the tape it causes no harm.

They do look very cosy.

I'm glad some bunnies appreciate nice things. I bought my two a memory foam pet mattress from Aldi a couple of weeks ago, thinking it would be nice and comfy to sleep on. They just spend all their time digging at it so it's now full of huge craters.

yeah, most bunnies can't be trusted with nice things. they can't stop themselves.

I bought one for my cats as they struggle with the cold, my indoor bunnies don’t seem that bothered with it but I might try my outdoor ones

Similar to Back on Track? Whatever it helps them and makes them feel better. Some praise Oxbow Joint cookies.

Similar to Back on Track? Whatever it helps them and makes them feel better. Some praise Oxbow Joint cookies.

Kind of, but different technology - this is just a reflective cloth inside I think, BOT are ceramic fibres that reflect back IR heat.

I don't want Odin sitting on cold surfaces all the time as he chooses, as it doesn't make them warm but clearly it feels nice! I toy with the idea of a heated pad but I doubt they'd use it...I did wonder about putting a ceramic heatlamp over one area of their indoor pen, so they can bask in gentle heat if they choose but it doesn't change the temperature of the room...

Mine prefer to lay on the cold tile floor or paper in some remote location in summer, on thin carpet in winter (down to 45F) with no interest in a warm box or heat lamp turned down very low. They dig up any blanket to sit on what was there before in wide open space.

I managed to get a couple today, they're starting to reduce them so they might be stopping the sale of them?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I bought the big buns a selfheating mat to try yesterday, to see if it helps ease Odin's stiffness - they rarely snuggle up inside, but often lie on top of the boxes under the bed to sleep, so I taped it down on top of them (Freja goes for the edges if they aren't taped down!).
Went up this morning to find these snugglebuns - I guess they like it!! They did not move, even when I went back to get the camera, even after I opened the catflap. Might have to go and get another now for the outside loft apartment as they spend most of the day out there!

KKQQFMVm.jpg
VycsvW2m.jpg
cxJ1c4um.jpg
j7zh8zbm.jpg
w5HIjIlm.jpg
sn1IssQm.jpg
zeR9eMom.jpg
lssHnnwm.jpg

My boys got one to the grey one and he approves as well
Lovely photos

Back