• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits so messy

Alicia

Mama Doe
Over the last couple of months Felix and Jelly have become so messy. They use their litter tray for most of their wees which is great but they poo absolutely everywhere. I’m now cleaning them out 3 times as often, is there anything I can do? I’m running out of bin space. They have lino on the floor and just wood litter in their litter trays

Is the hay confined to the litter tray area? Have they had a change in environment at all recently ? Sweeping up poop and putting it in the trays might help.

Mine poo more outside of trays in winter, summer they're quite 'tidy'. It tends to get kicked into a couple of areas so I just sweep it up and put it in a tray anytime I'm in with them :) Or pick up the relevant piece of newspaper and tip it in, then put that newspaper back down (mine have to have newspaper on their lino in winter or their feet don't dry :().

Back