• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor enclosures. Ideas and pics welcomed

Wow, just wow! It’s just as well my buns can’t use the internet as your set up is bunny paradise!

Haha I know what you mean!

I had to promise hubby it would last at least ten years before he agreed to ditch the bars.

Although we've kept them as they come in handy for bonding as the manor pet stuff isn't great for that.

I've got my eye on their freestanding water bottle at the moment but have to wait til we recover from the latest vet bills.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Have the free standing bottle holder by the way, it’s pretty good. We have a good sized ceramic bowl under it too so they have choice between bottle or bowl.

But pricy for what it is in my opinion though. But needs must!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying to find a way to keep 4 rabbits (two m/f pairs) in a 10 x 13 foot petroom.

The guinea pigs take up one wall. They have c and c cages on top of ikea tables. Really like the look of manor house indoor runs with clear perspex walls. Does any one have experience of these?

Need to have a wall down the middle of the room and a gateway into each enclosure. It is sooooooo wonderful having my dearly loved buck Snowflake indoors and now that he has a beautiful human friendly doe I cant bear to have them outside, at least not in the winter.

https://ibb.co/5sRZW6H

https://ibb.co/89H0LHJ

I believe that MPH do offer the ability to have a wall down the middle of their enclosures but I’m not sure is they do them really big or not? It costs a little more for custom but you’ll get what you ask for at least!

I got this off their gallery
a5d97ac6c5307c4741ac1dcc49c85909.jpg

Wow, just wow! It’s just as well my buns can’t use the internet as your set up is bunny paradise!

It’s a shame I can use the internet because I want to buy the rabbits everything [emoji24]

Rinny I just love your set up. I also just want to buy my rabbits everything! Good shout re the dividing wall in the enclosure.

It is going to be so smart in the pet room!

I hope we get to see photos once it’s set up! Excited for you and the buns!

I know this is from a while ago and you've probably done the set up now but... Was wondering if you could use the c+c grids to build enclosures. I've done all kinds with them, even made a folding gate that sections the room off. I've built a 2 level open fronted area for my 2 dwarf lops. I've just put 2 square beam supports under the level using the square in the grids. The very top level is the guinea pigs.
IMG-20210327-234620.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG-20210327-234755.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG-20210327-234741.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I know this is from a while ago and you've probably done the set up now but... Was wondering if you could use the c+c grids to build enclosures. I've done all kinds with them, even made a folding gate that sections the room off. I've built a 2 level open fronted area for my 2 dwarf lops. I've just put 2 square beam supports under the level using the square in the grids. The very top level is the guinea pigs.
IMG-20210327-234620.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG-20210327-234755.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG-20210327-234741.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

9c40953dc924b439da6c0ce49b3ef11f.jpg

43781bb79ce58b8abefb9213bf94284d.jpg

Here is our set up. Just for comparison ours is around 2 x 4 ish and cost just under £200 in materials. We took ours quite high as the castles are quite high and I don’t want anybun trying to jump over. So potentially you could do it even cheaper :)

That's amazing loobers. That's a great way for splitting a room in too. You could probably get the materials and make it yourself if you wanted to do it for less money.

Thank you W&S and Loobers. Hmm food for tbought. I do have a neighbour who is a whizz at carpentry ... Still waiting for the financial upturn!

TBH I'd give it a go and my DIY skills are awful (sound result but looks awful), so it's well worth trying (to get someone in ;P)

Back