• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor enclosures. Ideas and pics welcomed

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
I am trying to find a way to keep 4 rabbits (two m/f pairs) in a 10 x 13 foot petroom.

The guinea pigs take up one wall. They have c and c cages on top of ikea tables. Really like the look of manor house indoor runs with clear perspex walls. Does any one have experience of these?

Need to have a wall down the middle of the room and a gateway into each enclosure. It is sooooooo wonderful having my dearly loved buck Snowflake indoors and now that he has a beautiful human friendly doe I cant bear to have them outside, at least not in the winter.

https://ibb.co/5sRZW6H

https://ibb.co/89H0LHJ

My bunnies are in the lounge, they have a "bedroom" in the corner of the room which is more or less the length of the room then 3 feet wide. To increase their bedroom space they have a loft on the top. They then have free range in the lounge, dining room and kitchen with access to the garden and leanto.
The sides of their bedroom is only 40 inches tall or so, so if they get fed up they can hop out if they want.

the loft
IMG-20190613-WA0007[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

short walls
20190614_194152[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Probably not what you are looking for but works for us

What an amazing bedroom! I really need a secure way to split the room in half. I could use puppy panels as I am currently doing for bonding but would love something smarter, preferably wood and plexiglass.

What an amazing bedroom! I really need a secure way to split the room in half. I could use puppy panels as I am currently doing for bonding but would love something smarter, preferably wood and plexiglass.
Manor pet housing ones? They look really nice :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

They do Gracie. I will contact them for sure. In the meantime does anyone have any indoor set up pics?

We have manor pet housing one. Although please ignore our bad painting.

Ideally we wouldve just split the room in half with one divider rather than a whole cage but because of the radiator and the cupboard under the stairs it was a bit awkward so went for a custom basic cage.

It does get a bit chewed but we've had it 3 years now and its not going to fail us anytime soon.
da1264bada6dbe14b11b455631a1248b.jpg
154ba4f00c558725b181cf46cd660df5.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

That looks amazing. Is it their base that is left open? I had a rough plan of 2 enclosures which take up half the room each ...

I love planning set ups!

Yes we generally just shut them in if we have young visitors, workmen or deliveries or cleaning. We learnt the hard way to never let Rodney near a broom or a hoover with cables [emoji23]

Usually they both spend most of the late morning and afternoons in there and seem very happy with it.

At the moment they're still restricted to the room as Rodney is being his boisterous self about the extra space but usually they'd have our long hallway too.

What fab bunny set ups you have

My poor bunnies have never had a set up so I've nothing to share

I have attached a photo showing my setup, for Rudy and Holly
Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
88d969c87557658f667b8ba7a421cf55.jpg

Last edited:
Motty that looks really good. I spy a rabbit viewing chair. Atm I have a single bed in the pet room. It is heaven sleeping in with them all (they cant get to the bed).

That is the kind of pen that Dusty and Snowflake are in. Loving the crate.

Motty that looks really good. I spy a rabbit viewing chair.
That chair is a time machine! You sit in it for 5 minutes and when you get up you find you have "lost" an hour

Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Do you need complete pens or could you just use the Manor Pet panels down the middle of the room with one door in them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont need two pens but I am not sure how the manor pet housing panels would stay in place. Will have a good think about this idea. Thanks.

Haha Motty I know what you mean about the time machine effect!

You can get wall connectors for the manor pet housing panels and then a gate to pass through?

Or if you message Liz at Maor Pet Housing they might have a freestanding solution?

Thanks CarelessSquid I will contact mph once my finances improve!

Last edited:
Haha I know what you mean!

I had to promise hubby it would last at least ten years before he agreed to ditch the bars.

Although we've kept them as they come in handy for bonding as the manor pet stuff isn't great for that.

I've got my eye on their freestanding water bottle at the moment but have to wait til we recover from the latest vet bills.

We have the manor pet housing enclosure walls! We love them HOWEVER, our rabbits won’t jump over the little lip below the door so we have to take one of the panels off and put it back at night time. [emoji23] I think it’s just that they are still settling into their environment and not ready to commit to just hoping out to freedom.

I’d post a pic but I dunno how...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took our guys a while to do it by themselves.

Initially we put a step each side for them to hop up on and walk across and then down.

Now they often binky over [emoji23]

It took our guys a while to do it by themselves.

Initially we put a step each side for them to hop up on and walk across and then down.

Now they often binky over [emoji23]

Living life on the edge [emoji23]

This was their original bedroom setup. Moved the manor and the litter box around for their preference...

Now the walls have gone and they have a bit of a village going on with a cardboard castle, cardboard maze, pirate ship...their room is 4m x 4m so quite a lot of room. Eventually we hope to get them hopping into other rooms but slowly does it.

The walls will come back when I’m back to work but for now, perfectly fine with them being free. Besides they won’t venture far from the pads and carpet tiles because they hate laminate! [emoji23]

86fa2e7bf5669224edf20df827531455.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back