• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby rabbit + veg

Plug

New Kit
Hi all,

I can’t seem to find a definitive answer - at what age can baby rabbits be introduced veg? Ours is just eating pellets and Timothy hay.
I’ve read at 6mths and then other places it says at 8mths?

Last edited:
Hi all,

I can’t seem to find a definitive answer - at what age can baby rabbits be introduced veg? Ours is just eating pellets and Timothy hay.
I’ve read at 6mths and then at 8mths?
I don't think there's a certain age its okay, it's more important that they're slowly introduced one at a time though so they can get used to them and you can see if any disagree with them.

What I personally tend to do, is around 16 weeks old, introduce a tiny amount of a single veg, give some everyday slowly increasing amount, then after 4 or 5 days when I'm sure it's tolerated okay, I move onto a different veg. Then once I know some they can have/like I tend to give a mix of a few at a time.

I think as long as you introduce small amounts slowly there's no wrong way of doing it tbh :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

If the baby was eating veg when she was with her Mum then she is ok to carry on eating it. But if you aren't sure about this then most people say 16weeks is ok to introduce veg little by little.

This is good to know because mine are 5 month old. They are good hay eaters and they also get a ration of pellets a couple times a day.

Back