• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumping

RinnyRin

Warren Scout
Hi all,

So I reduced the size of my Leafy & Ivy’s pen today - not because I don’t want them to have less space but so they know what space is there’s and what space is ours. It’s still a large space with multiple levels, hides, toys, opportunities to binkie, a huge dig box to dig and to hide in....

I’ve been having a bit of a problem with one of them thumping when I’ve spent too much time in the room they are currently confined to and that room is also my office so...I need them to understand that they have their own space and that the rest is everyone’s space...

...we want the free roam but unfortunately they don’t like laminate flooring and I’m waiting on receiving some mats and different flooring so they can get around...

Is this plan okay do you think?
It feels like one of them is thumping in protest currently but I was also sneezing from all the hay so it could also be that. I don’t think they’ve heard me sneeze until today and the first time I was in the room and it spooked them. Then I sneezed in the room next door after moving things and the thumping began. Then stopped. Then began again despite no apparent trigger and the other baby was fine the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

So I reduced the size of my Leafy & Ivy’s pen today - not because I don’t want them to have less space but so they know what space is there’s and what space is ours. It’s still a large space with multiple levels, hides, toys, opportunities to binkie, a huge dig box to dig and to hide in....

I’ve been having a bit of a problem with one of them thumping when I’ve spent too much time in the room they are currently confined to and that room is also my office so...I need them to understand that they have their own space and that the rest is everyone’s space...

...we want the free roam but unfortunately they don’t like laminate flooring and I’m waiting on receiving some mats and different flooring so they can get around...

Is this plan okay do you think?
It feels like one of them is thumping in protest currently but I was also sneezing from all the hay so it could also be that. I don’t think they’ve heard me sneeze until today and the first time I was in the room and it spooked them. Then I sneezed in the room next door after moving things and the thumping began. Then stopped. Then began again despite no apparent trigger and the other baby was fine the whole time.

aww, it sounds like you are giving them a lovely enriched life.

The thumping is undoubtedly you being told off. Sneezing is highly plausible but equally they might be telling you they want to go back in their old room, they don't want you in their space so much. Rabbits have no manners :lol: They also have no respect for what is yours & theirs...they'll work hard over the years in some special kind of bunny mind control til you truely believe everything is theirs & rightfully so.

Most of my bunies haven't like laminate either. I've never had 2 bunnies thump over the same thing

Leafy can be quite a sassy little bean and will shun me if I don’t give him the treat he was hoping for. He’ll turn away from me, sometimes flick his feet as he runs off and sometimes thump in annoyance to let me know I’ve disappointed him.

Maybe they will grind me down until I accept that I am just a humble servant and they are the lady and lord of the house. We shall see!

I order 14 floor mats from IKEA a few days ago [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I am curious what the IKEA Qpeople may think about a person ordering so many mats..they were like £1.50 each for a decent size and if they get dug up or something...£1.50 is nothing to be mad about if it gives them access to more of the house!

Back