• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

R'Stan last bunny standing

madcatwoman

Mama Doe

Stan was found in the cellar at my husbands work. He was a baby, dehydrated and underweight. We advertised him etc but nobody claimed him so our pair Ozzie and Twinkle became a trio.
They lived in a 6x4 shed with an avairy attached then during the day we opened it and they had all day access to the garden.

We lost Twinkle then when Ozzie became ill the boys moved inside to our lounge. When Ozzie passed away Stan had got used to the home comforts of carpet and central heating so he became a free range house rabbit with our 5 cats. He was never a minutes bother.

Saturday night he seemed a bit out of sorts, a bit quiet but was still eating and poo'ing. Sunday morning it was obvious we had a very poorly rabbit. We were at the vets within 30 minutes. I suspected a stroke and didnt think we would actually get him there in time.

Our vet took him in while we waited outside but I knew he wouldnt be coming home. Sadly he had gone into sudden heart failure, his tummy was still full of food so we knew he had been ok up to very recently literally hours. We were allowed inside and Stanley was put to sleep. I was able to kiss him before then cuddle him afterwards.
He had fabulous helicopter ears but became a lop when he was warm. He had a bunny shaped marking on his nose. Other than a small dental last year he just sailed through his little life. He had a husband and a wife, he lived outside then inside, he adopted one of our cats as his own and was then affectionately called Sonnys bunny.

Weve had rabbits for 14 years but they were originally our daugthers and shes left home etc so Stan was always going to be our last bunny boy.

Run free at the Bridge Stan. Alaska, Tommy, Twinkle and Ozzie will be great with you but watch out for Biscuit Bunny!
Hes the middle bun in my profile photo. Im good with cats and rabbits but rubbish with technology so my photo hasnt worked.

Last edited:
I love this story-how an unwanted stray became a beloved house bunny . What a charmer!
Sorry for your sudden loss. Glad you got to say your goodbye and comfort Stan as he went to the bridge to be reunited with his friends.

Binkey free Stan. A wonderful life he lived with you, and clearly an integral part of your family.
Hugs to you. Xx

So sorry that you have lost Stan, but what a wonderful life he had with you. Binky free Stan xxx

Back