• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friday is Flo day.

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
An update for everybun for our new arrival this Friday - 5th February. Flo bunny will be arriving at about 2:30pm.
Here is a brief video of her presently at the rescue centre:-

I appreciate that she may an eyebrow with some and I'm sure that like me, you'll be doing a double take when you see her. Hand on heart, we honestly did not set out to find a rescue bunny like Flo. She was rescued by our local centre last week and with Leo definately struggling, we both felt it was in Leos intertests to have a companion.
I've just gotten off the phone to the rescue centre after a very very lengthy update/interview. And here is what we know about Flo.
She is almost 3. She was originally purchased from PAH and they don't think that was where she was born, so she has had 3 homes before she was placed in rescue. And she's had 2 homes since arriving at the rescue. She has been very used to independantly having free range of a garden and also used to being a house rabbit. Simce she lost her two male companion bunnies, she has become much more wary of humans, and lost confidence. She used to love spending time being made a fuss of, but now she is much more anxious with interaction. I get that. She is definately emotionally hurting and confused. Poor little Flo.
She has never had any vetinary intervention other than the spay she's just had, and she had a little bit of stasis post op but they increased pain meds and this seems to have worked. In very many ways, this was also how Lillian was.
Flo seems to like food - she is on pellets but likes all the variety of veg out there including radish! She loves hay and likes hay toys and cookies and treats. She was also fed rich tea biscuits as a treat in her former care. That's one treat she won't be getting here!
She can box when she is cleaned out but other times she likes to watch hoomans cleaning out her area. She likes exlporing and investigating and is known to be a cable chomper. I think that is more frustration than anything else. She likes a bit of a dig but not too much.
I think she is missing the companionship of her bunnies so hopefully she will feel better once she knows that Leo is around. As she is coming to our house, then hopefully there will be less friction about territory than there was when we bonded Lillian with Leo as Lillian was definately top bun.
She's been used to wood shavings (with lavender) for her toilet area but I've not used wood shavings so we'll try to slowly move her to the megazorb. She is litter trained but we'll have to see how she finds things.
I suspect she will have quite the desire to spend as much time in the garden as possible although she will be aprehensive of it at first - new smells, sounds and all that. She's not too keen on being handled as in picked up and does nip the arm to show her displeasure. But again, this is normalised behaviour.
So there you have it. Flo will come on Friday afternoon so I'll post some photos and new video of her once she has settled during the weekend.
It's going to be 'challenging' with cleaning both bunnies out and allowing access to others areas without any interaction from the bunnies. It'll be easier letting Flo outside whilst I clean her area out, and let Leo explore her area, but it'll be slightly harder allowing her into Leo's area and letting him outside but we'll work round that.
We're aprehensive, but we are giving a rescue rabbit a second chance for a stable home and a companion for Leo and hopefully a very close and lasting friendship for both rabbits.
Craig x

Last edited:
It's going to be an exciting weekend Craig [emoji122]

Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Poor Flo, you're just the home she's looking for :love: I hope all goes well with getting her there, settling her in, and bonding. I hope just her being there helps you all too :)

If anything falls through re: transport, let me know :) I'm free this weekend (well we're clearing the house for a temporary feline guest in a few weeks but one day won't hurt ;P).

oh she's beautiful Craig, and such a lucky girl to be coming to you. RU is so exciting at the moment, so many new buns being given their forever homes :D

What a little sweetheart!! She's the luckiest girl in the world coming to you - and hopefully Leo will feel like the luckiest man too :love:

She's very pretty. I hope she settles well in to her new home. Nice to hear she's been so healthy & loves her hay :love: good girl Flo

Oh she's gorgeous isnt she.

I'm sure she'll settle in well with you.

I know it's hard at first with the logistics of having two separated. And then just as you get used to it you'll be bonding I expect.

She's getting the best home and I'm sure she and Leo can comfort each others hurts.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Oh how lovely! Great that she will take veggies from humans and wonderful that Leo and she will soon have companionship.

Hope all goes well. Roll on Friday!

She's beautiful. Are you keeping her name?

I'm so glad you have found a companion for Leo. It sounds like Flo really deserves a stable and settled forever home. So many changes in her young life.

she looks lovely and i'm sure she is going to love it being with you and Leo. :love:
best wishes for tomorrow! :)

She's beautiful. Are you keeping her name?

I'm so glad you have found a companion for Leo. It sounds like Flo really deserves a stable and settled forever home. So many changes in her young life.

I will be keeping her name. Personally I feel that it is the name (or phonic sound) that she is used to hearing and be associated with and I think she’s had more than enough changes in such a short time in her life to then go through another. The strange thing is, that whilst we sub consciously didn’t do things this way, all 3 of our does have had what I’d call ‘Sunday’ names - Georgina, Lillian and now flo (Florence) whereas our boys have oddly had 3 letter names - max, Sam, Ben, Henry (yeah, 5 letters) and Leo.
Thank you everybun for your supportive and thoughtful kind words.
Craig x

I hope all goes well with Leo's new girlie and that she settle in well. Super that she's a good hay eater.

I will be keeping her name. Personally I feel that it is the name (or phonic sound) that she is used to hearing and be associated with and I think she’s had more than enough changes in such a short time in her life to then go through another. The strange thing is, that whilst we sub consciously didn’t do things this way, all 3 of our does have had what I’d call ‘Sunday’ names - Georgina, Lillian and now flo (Florence) whereas our boys have oddly had 3 letter names - max, Sam, Ben, Henry (yeah, 5 letters) and Leo.
Thank you everybun for your supportive and thoughtful kind words.
Craig x

I like the name Flo. I once had a brown and white uppy eared bun called Florence. She was one of my earlier bunnies and went to the Bridge over ten years ago. She was lovely.

Ooh, exciting times! She looks really pretty, fingers crossed that it all works out for you all :)

Back