• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friday is Flo day.

Quick update on the flo adoption. Our friend at the rescue centre is doing the hand over on friday for us. This is a really positive thing for us as she is our trusted rabbit sitter. She gave us a tad of an update on how flo was. She mentioned the stasis episode she had after her spay - which was quickly identified by the foster carer who also has bunnies and was quick to spot that flo had early signs of stasis and they were able to get meds and critical care into her. I feel sad that poor flo has been through such a traumatic event and the poor rabbit must feel so upset and confused inside. I really feel for her emotions right now.
It's going to take a bit of time for her to settle in with us and i just hope that she will feel a sense of belonging with us. We have a huge responsibility for this little rabbit and I don't want to let her down.
I'll be posting a thread on friday as I would like to ask for your expert opinions on the way forward with Flo - but that'll come on Friday.
Craig x

I'm excited for Flo, I'm sure once she's settled Craig, she'll come to realise what a lovely home she has, and how much she is loved, as I know she will be. Good luck for Friday ! Have you told Leo yet ? :D

She's absolutely lovely Craig, I bet you can't wait to have her home! She's really landed on her paws with you :D

I'm excited for Flo, I'm sure once she's settled Craig, she'll come to realise what a lovely home she has, and how much she is loved, as I know she will be. Good luck for Friday ! Have you told Leo yet ? :D

We haven’t told Leo yet because he gets over excited. It’s a huge change in his life after only 12 months and tomorrow is Leo’s gotcha day too. Having spent the first 5 years as a solo bun, he’s had a huge change the last 11 months with Lillian and he was a very different rabbit. He’s changed back the last 4 weeks or so and now everything he’s just gotten used to is about to change again. So for leo this is a huge step.
We’ve got the new area ready for Friday and as much as I can, I’ve duplicated the set up that Leo was used to with Lillian- boxes in the same place and the toilet/hay area in the same place. So I’m trying to keep disruption as minimal as I can for Leo so that when we hopefully do get Leo and flo together, then the set up will be as Leo is used to. Flo will be used to it and hopefully it helps Leo. That’s my thinking anyway since flo obviously has to adjust to a massive change so for her our set up will be new and she will hopefully adjust to it.
But come Friday Leo will be literally bouncing off the walls by 3pm.

Back