• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New boys in town

AnjaSanja

Warren Scout
Hello everybunny!

A little bit about mine buns. Younger first. Sherlock wil be one year old 20.2. hip hip hura. He alredy had 2 dentals behind him. One at the age of 6 months when he was neutered. And then I was observant enough to see he became a bit of messy eater. He had another dental last month. He is contained to hallway with invitation to kitchen area. Not free roamed as he gets in too much trouble at this point.

I am his third owner. Why third? well young kids wanted a cute little bunny. Korona time here we come....THe got bored. Give him to bunsitter while they went on hollidays in the summer...They did not want him back. So...The call came "URGENT NEED OF HOME".... SUre. Bring him.

He is 2 lbs and a change, crazy little fella, running around, singing Don't stop me now and also Do not touch...Slowly we are getting there where he can be touched and stroked, Grooming is hard to do, cliping nails mission impossible-vet to the help.

But he is a cutie pie.

And Brko. 5 year old mini rex mix, velvet fur and aprox 2.8lbs. He is very cudly, lovabale and cutipie. Free roamed. In June he lost his bun wife. He grieved, i was making sure he eats, gave him TLC, and syringe of appetite buster. We got through. In november I noticed he is a bit less active, eats a bit less hay, smaller poops, one day he had discharge from one eye....Vet. X-rays. Shock. Roots of teeth are elongated, abscess in periorbital area. Extraction of 2 teeth, month of 2 types of antibiotics, 2 types of pain meds, eye gel...My little champ was happy and bouncing like crazzy. Now I just talked to the vet-jup. He needs check up under general anesthetic. He is drooling again, he is a bit less active, he declines hay but still eats soft food and pellets.

Do you see mesh? Little rascal Sherlock got the invitation to the kitchen, so we can get to know eachother withouth fighting.

I rock at theese! Figured out before the dog did!

Aww, they're both so cute. Wonderful photos. :love: It looks and sounds like they're very well-cared for and have a lovely space to play in. I love the big sandbox Sherlock's playing in. :love: I hope Brko's check-up will go well and that they can help him be more comfortable.

Beautiful bunnies, they have a lovely space each, I really hope the dental goes well. Thank you for sharing.

Brown boy Brko was at the vets yesterday. I wish he had an appoinment a week earlier but that is on my calender for next time. Hes teeth are now filed down as much as possible. He already had some cuts. He is back on NSAID Meloksikon to be exact. Wich he loves, it is yummy. He alredy nibbled some hay yesterday-yey for digestion. So for now soft type of hay, veggies and herb as usual and back to 1 spoon of pellets.

We will keep the fight on, if he will be happy chappy. If at any point this becomes too much for him I will let him go to meet his late bunw wife.

I also wish I will be soon able to buy Science Selective Four+ for my boy and Fibafirst. (due to Brexit this is now impossible and local retailer just does not care for these two products :/ )

With his stuffed bestie

I'm glad Brko's dental went well. Lots of vibes for his recovery now. It's great that he was already nibbling some hay yesterday. I'm sorry you've been having trouble buying the food you want...

That photo is very cute. :love:

Honestly what seriously gorgeous rabbits you have. I nearly feinted at that first pic!

Gues what, gues who went to the vet? Me, the owner. I got antibiotics for Brkos skin underneath the chin. It is inflamed, it is bothering him, he started to overgroom himself on the chest. Poor bun. So now he is on NSAID and antibiotic. THey both taste yummy. Luckly I did not need to bring the bun with me this time.

What stunning and photogenic rabbits and you also have a clear talent for capturing the moment in your photos. They are two adorable bunnies and I really do like the name Sherlock. Sending vibes for Brko and hope he continues to make a positive recovery. I am so looking forward to the continuing stories because honestly you take such wonderful photos and your bunnies are just perfect in front of the lens.
CRaig x

Will post more photo. But Brko is now not in the mood and honestly I don't want to pressure him even more. Washing infected area with antiseptic shampoo once a day, drying him and applying cream is a hard, hard task to do. Stressful for all of us.

He is getting cone tomorrow, for now I just have to DIY as best I can. I hope he will get better soon as it is painfull for him.

He gets pain meds twice a day, same as antibiotic. He gets al the goodies in betwin itsy bity pellets, pellets in ball, vitamin cookie.

Will post more photo. But Brko is now not in the mood and honestly I don't want to pressure him even more. Washing infected area with antiseptic shampoo once a day, drying him and applying cream is a hard, hard task to do. Stressful for all of us.

He is getting cone tomorrow, for now I just have to DIY as best I can. I hope he will get better soon as it is painfull for him.

He gets pain meds twice a day, same as antibiotic. He gets al the goodies in betwin itsy bity pellets, pellets in ball, vitamin cookie.
That's totally understandable that you don't want to bother Brko right now by taking photos of him! Since he's getting a cone tomorrow, I just wanted to mention, just in case you hadn't thought of it, that he won't be able to easily eat his caecotrophs that way and you might have to offer them to him if he won't eat them from the floor. Although with him being on antibiotics, he might not want to eat them anyway as they might taste weird.

I know. Thank you. Exactly this happend. The side effect of Enroxil/Baytril kicked in and now I'm wachin cecos on the floor next to the toilet. Will leave them there if he changes his mind, althogh I think he will not. Interestingly on Sumamed and Efloran for a whole month-he ate his ceacotrophes as usual. But those two meds were yucky. We will se how things go. He eats a bit less now as it is hard for him to chew. But still eats some and still poops-even thoguh smaller. I might syringe him water-but will wait a bit for that. He did drink some water althogh not as much.

I know. Thank you. Exactly this happend. The side effect of Enroxil/Baytril kicked in and now I'm wachin cecos on the floor next to the toilet. Will leave them there if he changes his mind, althogh I think he will not. Interestingly on Sumamed and Efloran for a whole month-he ate his ceacotrophes as usual. But those two meds were yucky. We will se how things go. He eats a bit less now as it is hard for him to chew. But still eats some and still poops-even thoguh smaller. I might syringe him water-but will wait a bit for that. He did drink some water althogh not as much.
Interesting! Our Baytril is the most disgusting thing known to man or beast, incredibly bitter. Lopsy had a cone after his neuter and it was tied on loosely with bandages:

10178138_10101277301376598_7286324242582462356_n.jpg

10672176_10101277348981198_6945337189429616281_n.jpg

Aw, yeah, usually if they've left them on the floor for a while they won't eat them anymore. I'm sorry he's struggling to eat and that his poops are smaller. Giving him some water with a syringe sounds good if he doesn't drink as much, yeah. Will he eat wet veggies? That'll get some water into him as well.

Back