• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dried Forage

I agree with your thinking, which is why I still buy a wide variety of fresh so that they didn't go from a predominently fresh diet to a predominently dry one - and we still try to forage as much fresh as we can each day too, even if it is just grass and brambles. But I have to say I think Odin did better on a wild fresh diet than he does on a bought fresh diet, even with all the dried forage for variety. I guess wild is just better than commercially grown stuff.

I hate buying supermarket veg it’s always horrid round here & expensive. I have turnt my end of my garden into a veggie patch & all I grow is bunny food :lol: I grow yarrow, plantain, echinacea, mallow, I try to grow dandies but always unsuccessfully, mint, lemon balm, strawberry, parsley & chamomile. I planted a willow & apple tree too. Where I work full time I like having the selection here so I come home at lunch and dinner and grab a hand full of bits. I love forage walks and especially foraging for hawthorn when it’s all juicy in the spring. Roll on spring time!

Good points there :wave: I always have plenty of water available. As far as I know the main causes of stasis in my bunnies have been dental issues and eating cardboard causing a gut slowdown. I do feed mainly dried foods but some fresh foods too. I understand how you feel re the lack of confidence but I think its just one of those things :cry:

I hope my post wouldn’t put people off forage as that wasn’t my intention. Bunnies love it and there are many medicinal benefits. I think once you have had a stasis bun you analyse everything & anything

I hope my post wouldn’t put people off forage as that wasn’t my intention. Bunnies love it and there are many medicinal benefits. I think once you have had a stasis bun you analyse everything & anything

I know, they certainly do love it :love: and I know about the analysing thing, I’m the same!

Back